Maybe some people have noticed the fact, that if you flash a file from the download section you have a different hardware uuid. And if you flash the same file to different devices you have on both systems the same hardware uuid.
That could be a problem with some applications. But no worry, we can change the hardware uuid to a new random value.
I have tested this with a MacBookAir 4,1.
Will it work on my System?
MacBookAir 4,1 -- YES
MacBookPro 11,1 -- NO
What do you need?
Flash file of your MacBookAir
- Open your flash file with UEFITool
- Expand till you have expanded the bios section
- Search for AppleFS0
- Expand it and the last entry should by VOLUME TOP FILE
- Expand this also, and click on the Raw section
- Write down the offset: 7FFEF0
- Open the flash file with HxD
- Go to the offset from UEFITool: 7FFEF0
- You can change the marked section in whatever you want
- This value is used to generate a unique new hardware UUID
- Save the modified flash file
- Write back the flash file to your device
I`am writing a new Article for this...
I would also like to know the answer to this question.