Finally bought an Arduino....

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 10 months ago #3754 by KingBonecrusher
It is possible to use this little friend as Programmer, directly? Not the serprog stuff?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3773 by reverendalc
depends... which did you buy? i'm sure in one form or another they can all be made to work.

i've seen an uno/duemilanove used with flashrom
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3778 by KingBonecrusher

reverendalc wrote: depends... which did you buy? i'm sure in one form or another they can all be made to work.

i've seen an uno/duemilanove used with flashrom

I have an Uno and Nano. But i will explicit NOT use flashrom. That is the serprog way, using the Arduino as "BusPirate" like thing.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3780 by thaGH05T
@kingbonecrusher, you need to jump into collaboration with me.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3786 by reverendalc
curious. my father is a developer and uses arduino equipment exclusively for prototyping. i'm sure he'll have a much better idea of what arduino boards can and can't do.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4702 by KingBonecrusher
So it`s done. I`ve created an IBM SVP reset tool based on the arduino nano board. So at all, yes it works without flashrom or pc! It is a standalone tool to clear the svp area of an 24rf08 like chip ;-)

Case is 3d printed... :cheer:
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #4703 by reverendalc
ROFL!

That is awesome... and coincidentally ironic.

Really nice work.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4704 by thaGH05T
Face palm....

More
7 years 6 months ago #4705 by zenelli

KingBonecrusher wrote: So it`s done. I`ve created an IBM SVP reset tool based on the arduino nano board. So at all, yes it works without flashrom or pc! It is a standalone tool to clear the svp area of an 24rf08 like chip ;-)

wow really nice!
unfortunatly this will not remove svp passwords like the 40 50 60 series from thinkpad, they don't use 24rf08 chip anymore.
but did you managed to unlock a macbook before you make it for ibm?

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4707 by KingBonecrusher

zenelli wrote:

KingBonecrusher wrote: So it`s done. I`ve created an IBM SVP reset tool based on the arduino nano board. So at all, yes it works without flashrom or pc! It is a standalone tool to clear the svp area of an 24rf08 like chip ;-)

wow really nice!
unfortunatly this will not remove svp passwords like the 40 50 60 series from thinkpad, they don't use 24rf08 chip anymore.
but did you managed to unlock a macbook before you make it for ibm?

That is correct, works only till Tx30 / X1 Carbon GEN1.

It will write byte per byte to avoid page boundaries. There was a nearly ready sketch flying around the internet. I have used this sketch as base. So i have added button support, support for newer models (T420/T430 uses different svp regions than T400), led support...

I know only one person who managed newer ones! (ALLSERVICE.RO) But he will not share this. He sells it. He reads out the EFI-FIRMWARE and adds his own UEFI-APP which will clear the password.

This will not work on a Macbook. 24rf08 is I2C and the MacBook eeproms are SPI interfaced. There are some libraries for SPI, but never tried it.

You can also interface all i2c devices trough the Raspi. This will work, but i was not able to rewrite the eeprom. Maybe i have done something wrong. 24c08 costs ~ 0,27€ as DIP-8! Nice for testing and the same like the 24rf08 but only without rfid interface.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by KingBonecrusher.

Who's Online

We have 452 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies