MACBOOK 12" A1534 EFI DESTROYER Not Working

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 9 months ago #10105 by Andik666
MACBOOK 12" A1534 EFI DESTROYER Not Working

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #10106 by Andik666
does anyone have the same fate as me

More
5 years 8 months ago #10153 by Askimkiller
i have the same Problem. The chip is detectet (Blue) an after it blink green for okay but the lock is not Removed

More
5 years 7 months ago #10392 by iTec1
Removal of the EFI was successful, but the iCloud lock hasn't been removed.
I'm wondering if using the Easy flash clip on the logicboard would allow Reading of the chip.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10497 by ssoniccomputers
Well just got my Easy Flash today specifically to unlock a 2015 Macbook 12".. Same as others here say, flashes slow green but lock still present, also haven't been able to get PRAM reset to work... I may have to do a dump and hex edit for this one, will be fun with the non-standard chip involved lol

More
5 years 6 months ago #10498 by ssoniccomputers
An update for you guys having issues with 2015 Macbook 12".. If you use the white adapter from this kit and hook up to a Raspberry Pi or like in my case a Sofi programmer, do bios dump, edit the Hex filling the area between the first $SVS and second with FF's save and reflash the chip, it will be unlocked. This is extremely easy to do when you have the adapter :) Mine is now unlocked, incidently this is how I normally do it, however I normally pull the chip off the board with a hot air rework station and solder to the leads.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10505 by iTec1

ssoniccomputers wrote: An update for you guys having issues with 2015 Macbook 12".. If you use the white adapter from this kit and hook up to a Raspberry Pi or like in my case a Sofi programmer, do bios dump, edit the Hex filling the area between the first $SVS and second with FF's save and reflash the chip, it will be unlocked. This is extremely easy to do when you have the adapter :) Mine is now unlocked, incidently this is how I normally do it, however I normally pull the chip off the board with a hot air rework station and solder to the leads.

That sounds great! Is it possible to explain the process, pinout and diagrams of which color goes to where on the Sofi Programmer? I really appreciate it.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10506 by ssoniccomputers
The setup:

Hook up the appropriate diagnostic interface connector as normal to the multi-color wire set that came with it.

Make or use a Dip8 interface to allow connection of these wires to the Sofi (or other) programmer.

This is how to connect the wires to the Dip8 connector:

1=Blue
2=Orange
3,7,8 Connect all 3 together with only Red plugged into diagnostic interface. 3 is write protect, 7 is hold, 8 is VCC. Macbook 12 is 3.3v
All of these need to be powered same time to allow flashing of the chip.
(note: if flashing a 1.8v chip a voltage divider or other means of lowering from 3.3v to 1.8v should be used in-line on these 3 connections.)
4=Brown
5=Yellow
6=Green
7=see above
8=Red (plus 3 and 7)

This is how they'll plug into the Dip8:

8 7 6 5
1 2 3 4

Download and install the latest software at www.sofi-tech.com/English/html/7812591720.html No need to install USB drivers, new software does that automatically.

Plug in programmer without Dip8 inserted
Open Flypro
Click Device on menu bar
Click Auto Detect Device Type
Click the button on the lower right to scan
Select Winbond w25Q64 near the top (any of these should work)
Plug in Diagnostic interface to Macbook with it off and unplugged from the wall
Plug in Dip8 into Sofi at the top nearest the label and farthest from the ZIF clamp arm but with the pin1 pointed towards the ZIF arm (see pics).
Click Read
Click save, name it whatever I usually have already made a folder for this job on the desktop by this point and name it 1 and save in that folder.
Repeat this process of reading and saving 4 times.
Use HXD hex editing program click Analize, then Compare each of the 4 files with each other. If all are same name one of them Original and leave it alone until after finished with job just incase.
Search for $SVS in one of these dumps with HXD.
Highlight from just after that $SVS all the way down to the next $SVS
Right click on the highlighted area, click Fill Selection, use FF to fill with.
Save the file as Unlocked
Click Erase and wait till chip is empty
Click Load, select the unlocked file
Click Program
Click Verify
if verification completes successfully then close Flypro, unplug usb, unplug Dip8, THEN unplug the diagnostic interface connector out of the Macbook
Power on the Macbook and immediately press and hold Commmand Option P and R until it chimes 3 times (3 PRAM resets)
Reinstall OSX Sierra (DO NOT USE HIGH SIERRA OR INTERNET INSTALL!!!!!!)

Done!

More
5 years 6 months ago #10507 by iTec1
Thank you very much for the details, but for some reason that isn't working for me. I'm using TL866A.
pulled the board completely out, still not working.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10509 by ssoniccomputers
Ok, you are not using a Sofi programmer, this is the issue. Try it with the Dip8 connector closest to the clamp arm with pin1 of the Dip8 connector also nearest and on the same side as the clamp arm (see the chip diagrams on the programmer itself for how it should be oriented, also see the pic I've attached to this message. Please let me know if you've had a successful read of the chip or what part of the process you're stuck on.
Attachments:

More
5 years 6 months ago #10510 by ssoniccomputers

ssoniccomputers wrote: Ok, you are not using a Sofi programmer, this is the issue. Try it with the Dip8 connector closest to the clamp arm with pin1 of the Dip8 connector also nearest and on the same side as the clamp arm (see the chip diagrams on the programmer itself for how it should be oriented, also see the pic I've attached to this message. Please let me know if you've had a successful read of the chip or what part of the process you're stuck on. If you have any issue with this process please be very specific about any errors you may receive and what you were doing at the time including all variables this way we can be more helpful in diagnosing and remedying the scenerio.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10607 by iTec1
I've ordered the SOFI Programmer and should get it Saturday. This will be my project for the weekend, and I'll update you with my findings. Thanks!

More
5 years 6 months ago #10613 by ssoniccomputers
You'll be good to go! I'll help you eliminate this problem. I like what Ghostlyhaks is doing and am signing on (on the side without pay or agreement) to help their people. I have a feeling if they decide to invite me to be on their staff they will make that known to me. In the meantime I'll help resolve issues for their friends ;)

More
5 years 5 months ago #10671 by iTec1
It worked just fine. I had to play with the programmer settings for a little bit, but after that I was able to Read/Write without an issue. You're awesome, sir!

Will this method work for other models?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssoniccomputers

More
5 years 5 months ago #10674 by ssoniccomputers
Yes it works on all models, all day every day! Glad I could help out ;)

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #10675 by ssoniccomputers
Yep, thanks Ghostlyhaks for providing the device, also own the Mackunlocks one and the CMI one. Doing this gig for decades, I use the devices only to reduce the time of the process.. Yea I can get real w ya and show you how its done the old school way as well, as with the case of this model. If the quick and easy way doesn't work I'm still getting paid for the gig but will take more time and potential risk if you're not skilled and equipped properly. Yes I'm here to help but am not going to undercut these guys that run this business, I have several it comanies and such that I own and run but I'm thinking that what they have going is a great thing and any statement that I make that makes them lose money should be edited by the moderators on staff.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by ssoniccomputers.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #10861 by gamesquest1
Just incase anyone else has this issue and happens to have a TL866 programmer, it does work fine with this pinout 
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by gamesquest1. Reason: -oops, goofed on image, fixed incase somebody comes along and needs the pinout-

More
4 years 11 months ago #11234 by AppleM

ssoniccomputers wrote: Ok, you are not using a Sofi programmer, this is the issue. Try it with the Dip8 connector closest to the clamp arm with pin1 of the Dip8 connector also nearest and on the same side as the clamp arm (see the chip diagrams on the programmer itself for how it should be oriented, also see the pic I've attached to this message. Please let me know if you've had a successful read of the chip or what part of the process you're stuck on.

Which SOFI programmer is the best for unlocking Macbooks?
Can Macbook 12 2016 be unlocked by EFI destroyer LITE or SOfi progrmmer?

Who's Online

We have 549 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies