EFIDL working on MBA, not working on MBP

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 1 month ago #6567 by aj58
Hi,

I received my EFI Destroyer Lite last week, and I only had the chance to try it out yesterday with an Air and a 15" Pro.

The Macbook Air (A1466 EMC 2925) was pretty straight-forward: plug the EFIDL, wait a few seconds, then boot the mac and clear PRAM. After that, it was as unlocked as it was supposed to be :D
However, the Macbook Pro ( www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.8-15-iris-only-mid-2015-retina-display-specs.html , A1398 ) was another thing; I couldn't get it to unlock permanently.
I tried with every magsafe & battery state combinations, and when trying to clear the PRAM, it showed the lock screen (black screen, white lock, small text input box beneath the lock with an arrow button to the right).

My only "success" on this machine was to boot to the lock screen, unlock UEFI with UEFIDL, and then it booted to the operating system.
However, when trying to restart the mac, it kicks me to the lock screen again.

Having a "tethered" computer isn't really something I'd like, so... I guess this is a request for help.
Anyone interested in helping me sort out the reason why my mini-christmas-tree aka EFIDL isn't permanently unlocking this badboy?

Thanks,
aj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #6576 by LatinMcG
supposed to wipe OS.. if u load os and it relocks. have u tried boot fresh install ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: negon, aj58

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #6587 by Celhack
You need reinstall system on you mbp, efidl work to unlock EFI not for osx password. After install fresh osx setup an icloud..
The following user(s) said Thank You: aj58

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6596 by aj58
Sorry for the time taken to reply, got a new job and had to move to a new place this week.

I took the disk from the MBP and formated it using the MBA.
After putting it back on the MBP I still got past the EFI only with the "tethered" situation.. so i guess using a fresh OS didnt work either.

Also tried EFIDL without the red cable, but nothing...

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6597 by Celhack
Ok, if you bypass efi and go to recovery menu, you can use a usb drive with a fresh osx. After install osx setup an icloud to avoid future locks.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6624 by aj58
That would be great, but i get forwarded to the currently (freshly) installed OS after bypassing the lock. When i try to change EFI password on macOS, it asks me for the old one.. upon rebooting, I get kicked back to EFI lock.
When i try to select another boot source (ALT during boot), i get the lock screen again.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #6641 by LatinMcG
1: clear efi lock
2: reset Pram/NVram
3: boot usb not HDD to wipe and reinstall OS and setup new icloud on it.
4: reply in forum its working
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by LatinMcG. Reason: forgot a small detail

Who's Online

We have 406 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies