A1502 EMC 2835 - EFI Fails - Suggestions?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #6713 by opnopro
Trying to destroy a 1502 2835 with EFIDL. From reading around is seems the best setup is to remove the VCC and GND from the destroyer, have both power and battery plugged in, boot to EFI lock close lid and then destroy.

But I keep getting a fail (slow red blinking light) after about 15 seconds of blue light.

Any suggestions to destroy this mac? Ive tried numerous other power states also at the icloud lock screen as well.

Is it possible this EFI just can't be unlocked?

Edit: I'm also looking into dumping the Chip myself to take a look at it and possibly flashing a clean dump to it - but I see warnings not to use a PI with the EZ Flash adapter - what should I use then - arduino?
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by opnopro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6731 by Doni
I have the same model like you, and have the same problem too now, so will see, hope is there somebody could help us :)

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6772 by mvd076
when you life in nl i can do it in 1 minute fore you

More
7 years 1 week ago #6808 by opnopro
Do you use the EFIDL? Or an arduino?

More
7 years 1 week ago #6811 by Zaya
I was connecting my flash adaptor..... and the fucking debugging header came off ... what do i fucking do a1502 2015 mbp...

More
7 years 1 week ago #6813 by mvd076
I made my own device, designed PCB itself and adapters, it also works on all macbooks touchbar 12 inches and 2017!

More
7 years 1 week ago #6814 by Zaya
please do explain

More
7 years 1 week ago #6815 by mvd076
i build my own device and this works 100% from 2010 to 2017 all models macbook in 10 seconds

More
7 years 6 days ago #6822 by XLxLxOxRxTx
I'm running into the same problem. I've tried all possible power possibilities that were listed, including removing gnd and vcc. EFIDL will read, but ultimately I get the red flashing light every time.

More
7 years 6 days ago #6823 by mvd076
efi destroyer is sucks! i hear many problems

More
7 years 6 days ago #6825 by XLxLxOxRxTx
I wouldn't say that it sucks, I've successfully unlocked 4 MBP's with it.... It seems that the 2015+ devices are a pain in the ass.

More
7 years 6 days ago #6827 by mvd076
al the efi files 2010-2017 are the same! my device unlocks every mac!

More
7 years 5 days ago #6834 by XLxLxOxRxTx
My car does my laundry when I drive.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6940 by CygnusX1

opnopro wrote: Trying to destroy a 1502 2835 with EFIDL. From reading around is seems the best setup is to remove the VCC and GND from the destroyer, have both power and battery plugged in, boot to EFI lock close lid and then destroy.

But I keep getting a fail (slow red blinking light) after about 15 seconds of blue light.

Any suggestions to destroy this mac? Ive tried numerous other power states also at the icloud lock screen as well.

Edit: I'm also looking into dumping the Chip myself to take a look at it and possibly flashing a clean dump to it - but I see warnings not to use a PI with the EZ Flash adapter - what should I use then - arduino?

I use a Raspberry Pi to unlock that model.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
6 years 9 months ago #7245 by larivee
Is that something that can be documented? I bought the EFID Lite thinking it would work but got frustrated it's not working. I do have a Pie to try it. That would be nice

CygnusX1 wrote:

opnopro wrote: Trying to destroy a 1502 2835 with EFIDL. From reading around is seems the best setup is to remove the VCC and GND from the destroyer, have both power and battery plugged in, boot to EFI lock close lid and then destroy.

More
6 years 9 months ago #7246 by mvd076
better use a spi programmer with easy flash adapters works the best, and is simple too use plugin read dump, make dump free and set back, pi is too much things too do and think, i use a spi programmer for read and write a1502 ( for only efi i use a macunlock box its expensive but works on all macs 2009-2016 inclusive macbook 12 and the new 13 inch!

More
6 years 8 months ago #7531 by XLxLxOxRxTx

CygnusX1 wrote:

Are you using a Easy Flash Adapter, or a SOIC Clip with the Pi on this model? I'm having a hell of a time unlocking this MBP.

More
6 years 20 hours ago #9718 by NexusChicken
Were any of you guys able to figure out how to unlock this model? I have one of these models I need to unlock but can't. Is the EFIDL just not compatible with this unit?

Who's Online

We have 623 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies