MBP 2016 | Touch Bar | A1706 EMC 3071

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 11 months ago #6768 by sinonhim
Hey team,

After struggling for longer than I'd like to admit to get the back off, I finally did it.
However, it's a new adapter header? At least, I don't think I got one in my EFIDestroyer kit.

Is it possible to unlock this bad boy?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7052 by kilgourpa
Hey, just out of curiosity : how many pins does the mezzanine connector have on your model ? 'cause I can't find it on the image you sent, guess I'm blind. And I can't find it on any of the pictures of the logic board available online, either... I'm a dumbass :S

I found it, it's just way smaller than what I expected. It seems to me that it's the same connector as the 12inches MacBooks, therefore you can use the Easy Flash adapter 4.0.3 (which is included in the EFIDL kit). If I'm right at least. Could you confirm it has 6 pins on each side ?
For reference here's a link to the Magic Easy Flash, including a picture so you can take a look and see it fits : www.ghostlyhaks.com/shop/product/easy-flash-adapter-v4-0-3

Now I'm not pretending it will work, perhaps Apple changed other things at other levels in the 2016 models, in order to block people from messing so easily with the firmware eeprom.

EDIT : mezzanine connector = adapter header
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by kilgourpa. Reason: I'm a dumbass

More
6 years 4 months ago #8684 by
I have just finished a late 2016 non touchbar and the 4.0.3 adapter with my pi reads, erases and writes the efi with no issues at all

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9747 by RAILEANU
On the A1706 EMC 3071 the easy flash adaptor will give an error while erase or write chip, even so that will recognise and perfectly only read the chip. But I have the solution. It will not involve any hardware intervention, only a "simple" trick to say. Before I will post my solution, there is anyone else that encounter this particular problem which is so isolated only for this model or anyone else even solve it?...as nothing so far online

PS:
this is not related to any kind of easy flash adaptors issue, is a protection gate for the EEPROM chip on the motherboard which will stay close with any external voltage power etc you can apply to the board
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by RAILEANU.

More
5 years 3 months ago #10864 by Celhack
What is the trick to write?

Who's Online

We have 592 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies