Help - MBP Model: A1502 ECM: 2678 Core i7 2.8

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 7 months ago #1083 by Amillio
Can anyone help with a clean firmware dump for a Late 2013 Macbook pro retina display Model A1502 ECM 2678 Core i7 2.8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1084 by token.paul
If you have a locked firmware dump drop it here.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1085 by Amillio
I dont have the dump yet im actually ordering my Pi now so ill have it in a day or two and i will put it up.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1088 by thaGH05T
When you do that we can help by removing the password for you.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1099 by Amillio
Even though i broke my board in the process i managed to get a solid read from it.

File Attachment:

File Name: A1502.bin.zip
File Size:4,402 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Amillio. Reason: File didn't attach

More
8 years 7 months ago #1100 by thaGH05T
How dI'd you break your board?

More
8 years 7 months ago #1101 by Amillio
One of those super small resistors next to the efi chip got broken off the the soic8 clip so the board doesn't even turn on anymore.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1102 by Amillio
Can someone take a look at it the file and to patch it up just in case i do fix this board

More
8 years 7 months ago #1110 by token.paul
Sorry to hear that you broke a resistor. Hope that the board itself not damaged and you can fix it.
The patched firmware inside archive, with layout file for partially flashing. You can change only password area on the chip or flash it entirely.

Use this command line arguments for flashrom, run it in one folder with files from attached archive:

flashrom -p <your_programmer_definition> --layout ./flashrom.layout --image SVS -w ./Amillio_A1502.bin.modified

Good luck.

File Attachment:

File Name: Amillio_A1502.zip
File Size:4,402 KB
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #1125 by Amillio
Thanks very much i was able to flash the rom and fix my board and get it up and running i ended up taking a resistor off a broken iPhone board and putting it in its place. Only bad thing is i know its the wrong resistor because instead of getting a 9 hour battery life i get 2:30 so thats not good. Also thankyou again token paul because i had to use your guide over on hackmac to get rid of the 4pin lock screen. Im surprised its not here on this site as well. Do you and GHO5T care if i start a thread with the efi guide and the 4pin lock guide and the small do's and don'ts that i learned?

More
8 years 6 months ago #1127 by thaGH05T
Please do start a thread on your experience with it. I will try and find out what resistor you need as soon as I get time. Also how did you remove the 4 digit pin? As far as I know all you have to do is clear PRAM which has been said a few times on the forum.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1128 by Amillio
Ok i will do that.

I guess Its not as simple as clearing the pram anymore. You even commented on it GH05T on lol.
www.hackmac.org/forum/topic/2910-how-to-get-root-access-on-icloud-locked-mac-the-guide/

Like i said i will make a guide here in a few clearing up some things in this post.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1129 by thaGH05T
Yea as a different approach, which in your case may be the only way. But clearing PRAM should work for most people. The caveat here is newer macs have a ssd that cannot be mounted by anything other than one known enclosure. I aim to solve that problem very soon.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1130 by Amillio
I have an ssd drive in my mac and i didnt even have to take it out to do it.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1131 by thaGH05T
I guess I an thinking more broadly. In your case this will work. Actually in most cases it should. Start your post and make it as detailed as possible and I will make it into an article.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1132 by Amillio
What Section do you want me to put it in GH05T?

More
8 years 6 months ago #1133 by thaGH05T
Place it under the efi q&a.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1135 by token.paul
It is interesting for me too...
Actually I placed the second edition of HackMac guide here: www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/rom-eeprom-bios-efi-uefi/65-icloud-wipeout-and-admin-access-on-efi-locked-mac
But, if you know how to boot iCloud locked machine into controllable state without physical access to the disk please share it.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1136 by Amillio
I got you token.paul I've been writing it up all day long with pictures, links, dos donts the whole nine. I should be done with it and have it up by tomorrow, well today since it's 1am here
The following user(s) said Thank You: lytek81

Who's Online

We have 498 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies