Macbook Pro A1278 EMC 2555

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1269 by TheCGTeam
I need a clean EFI BIN File for MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.4 13" Late 2011, A1278 EMC 2555

The one which is in download section it is with PIN locked, Can someone post a clean firmware efi file for this Model?

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by TheCGTeam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1270 by TheCGTeam
Edited as per your video, but not working, when trying to install a fresh installation, during verification with apple server it getting locked again. Changed serial number with one letter.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by TheCGTeam.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1271 by TheCGTeam
Finally edited and worked good. Tested. See attached new clean file for this model. with no password and icloud cleaned. Serial number deleted, put your first before flashing new efi chip.

enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: A1278_EMC2...lean.zip
File Size:4,047 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by TheCGTeam. Reason: forget to attach EFI BIN File.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1272 by rileystudent
Did you enter single user mode after flashing bios??

More
8 years 7 months ago #1273 by TheCGTeam
No, I did a fresh install OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Working good. will all updates.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2512 by Sai_Zet
Replied by Sai_Zet on topic Macbook Pro A1278 EMC 2555
i have the same MBP i mean A1278 EMC 2555 only with i7, when i tried to read it with rpi, i got an error saying no EEPROM/Flash, it has the 25q064a chip, i didn use no resistor on 3,3V, chcecked with multimeter got 4,2V i think i burnt the chip :/ cuz now the device is bricked:/ black screen / im thinking of getting new chip and program it outside of the mac, and solder it after. and question in what line of the dump do i have to write my serial number ? sorry for le bad english :> im slav ;P ... Ok i know where to put in my serial nr :) could someone Please upload Mbp a1278 emc 2555 i7 firmware ?? After i replace the chip i can send you the orginal ( maybe broken ) chip
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sai_Zet.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2516 by Sai_Zet
i will try to unsolder the chip from the logic board and try to read it, if it works i will post the dump here, hope it works ...
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sai_Zet.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2549 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic Macbook Pro A1278 EMC 2555
You have likely overloaded the pins on the chip and it will physically need to be replaced or "piggy-backed". You need to be sure to not put more than 3.6v on any pin of that chip or inline with anything in that circuit really.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2554 by Sai_Zet
Ok the chip was gone(burnt) i found out after i unsolder it and tried to read it outside the box, lesson learnt - never trust rasperry's voltage to much, and always chceck with multimeter first:) anyways i bought new identical chip in a local shop for 20PLN thats like 4$ (pretty cheap). I downloaded the dump file of some russian website, and i found out it is much easier to look for a dump by the logic board number insted the emc nr. (i attached the file in this post) i flashed the chip with rasppery (with resistors - this time:P) and boom. Mac works like new:) hope you guys will make it to, if you have any questions, write, i will gladly help if you do to in different topics:) ... Jungle is Massive :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies