2353-1*

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 5 months ago #1509 by
sorry if its in the wrong place, wasnt sure where to put this....aftera few days of getting there, i have my 3 dumps, all good and downloaded the clean 2353-1* kindly posted in the efi dumps. i cant for the life of me figure out where to put my serial number and belive me it really isnt for lack of reading googling and plodding through the forum...was going to run the scan-n-patch but couldnt get my pi to accept the files from usb, tried to ftp them but it kept denying access and ive lost the will to carry on lol...hence the plea for someone to kindly show me where to find the serial on my dump { after ssn i believe) and where to put it on this clean dump.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1511 by
i read every post on the site and couldnt work it out....FINALLY at 3.30am after day 2 i watched the video and i now know how to edit my own fw dumps to remove icloud and also how to enter my serial into a kindly donated clean one.

Thank you guys :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #1518 by
can anyone tell me why the file size is out after i put my serial into the clean dump (in the provided space and ive compared it against the original).
Tried to flash and wouldnt due to size mismatch then when i checked the originals are 8.00 MB (8,388,608 bytes) and the clean with serial put in is 7.99 MB (8,388,540 bytes) but shows as correct size 'on disk'....ive not slept and have to get to the end of this flash if it kills me!!! or the wife does lol

More
8 years 5 months ago #1523 by
Ok so just so people don't make the same mistake I was using a text editor (c++ or some such?) and it was changing the size....after a 20 min power nap I woke up realising it should be a hex editor....job done , svs section gone, flash done and one workin i7 MacBook :woohoo:

More
8 years 5 months ago #1526 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic 2353-1*
HaHa, I am so glad you were able to get your own questions answered in my absence. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 5 months ago #1591 by
On a side note, when I first looked into dumping the chip, I tried but it was the wrong one lol...I was trying to dump an atmel chip on the opposite side of the board to the correct mx chip using a bus pirate with probe clips....it didn't work at all and I got nothing with bus pirate obviously.
After sorting out the correct mx chip, removing iCloud and doing so with all methods (manually changing $svs, using a clean dump and also original dump done with scan-n-patch script). All is hunky dory except I have no Wi-Fi. I have working Bluetooth but it shows no Wi-Fi hardware installed. Tried from start up manager etc, swapped out for new card and ribbon, no joy.
Leaves me wondering if the atmel chip is involved and if I could get a dump from one and flash mine, would it solve my issue??

More
8 years 5 months ago #1595 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic 2353-1*
Actually I made the same mistake one time when working with another user on the site. I tried reading his chip and realized it was for the NIC. I think it is safe to say that you may as well look at a schematic to be sure that's the network chip and then flash it with the firmware of a mac with the exact same model EMC and proc.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Who's Online

We have 328 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies