MacBook Pro Model A1398 EMC 2512 Clearing required

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 11 months ago #9786 by nasir600
Model A1398
EMC 2512
Proc: 17 2.3Ghz

Hi All,
New to flashing and EFI password clearing. Need help with clearing locked firmware. I downloaded the relevant firmware from the repository and inserted my serial number. During unsoldering damaged the original chip. While I was able to get consistent data dump there was a big bulge on the side of the chip, so did not want to risk it and replaced the original chip with number 25L6400E. As I was not able to find the same number did find a seller on eBay selling the chip with similar number 25L6406E.
Now my problem is that the MacBook does not power on anymore. Can someone please check the original locked firmware and clear it for me. Am I correct in assuming that both the chip are same?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #9790 by lallollas
TRY NOW I CLEAN IT
Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #9804 by nasir600
Hi Lallollas,
That bin file did not work. MBP does not power on after flashing cleaned bin file. Is it possible to get an unlocked firmware that could work with A1329 EMC 2512 for 2.3 Ghz processor.

Thanks

More
5 years 11 months ago #9817 by nixer
Try this one, If it doesn't work, I will give you a new ROM where you will need to use a USB to write the serial. This is your original one which I cleaned.
YOU MUST RESET THE PRAM ON FIRST POWER ON. Otherwise it will lock again!
Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #9818 by nasir600
Hi Nixer,
Unfortunately, that did not work either. The system does not power on at all. Can I have the donate firmware? Can i use usb sp1 programmer to change the serial number?

thanks

More
5 years 11 months ago #9819 by nixer
You need to use Blank Board Serialzer to set the serial. It is the way that Apple set it when they do a board replacement.

Instructions HERE: www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/efi-firmware-dumps-requests/2425-please-help-need-working-dump-macbook-12inch-2016

Clean Dump attached to this post
Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 431 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies