Need EFI for iMac 13,1 EMC2546 A1419 i7

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 10 months ago #10005 by wallybear
Hi,
I'm trying to revive an iMac 27" (EMC2546) that got its EFI corrupted by Clover bootloader, with no success.
The symptom is a boot loop: iMac makes startup sound, display white, restarts, new boot sound, screen white, and so on.
I successfully saved its EFI using raspberry + flashrom.
I downloaded the right EFI in the download section, reflashed it but it doesn't work; I tried each of the following steps:
-modifying serial number with the iMac right one
-no modifications at all
-cleaning ME region
-copying ME from original efi
-reflash original efi with ME region cleaned
Nothing of the above can get me to booting iMac; the downloaded efi doesn't even try to boot (no sound, third diagnostic LED doesn't light up, after a while the fan maxxes), when I reflash the original efi it goes back to boot sound/screen white/loop
Is it possible the efi in your repository is bad? I didn't found any other efi in the whole internet.
Any help? I'm out of ideas :(
Could you please give me another EFI dump to try or is there some other efi source to try?
If someone thinks he can fix my original EFI dump I can post it here.
Thanks a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #10050 by wallybear
Nobody around? Any suggestion?
I still cannot imagine how Clover damages the EFI.
Does someone know where does it write in the Firmware? Knowing that could help fixing the original dump.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by wallybear. Reason: Grammar

More
5 years 9 months ago #10090 by wallybear
->Bump<-

More
5 years 9 months ago #10102 by wallybear
Doesn't matter anymore, I succeeded by myself this night. I re-edited the EFI available in downloads using UEFI Tool to replace the ME section (taken from my original EFI) and this time it re-assembled correctly, as reflashing it on the Mac revived it. :) :) :) Hooray!

More
5 years 9 months ago #10114 by wallybear
I just noticed a strange glitch... The iMac is working fine, but it cannot recognize more than two RAM modules. It knows that 4 slots are present, but doesn't matter which modules I install (size/number/position), it will always view 2 modules. :angry: :angry:

More
5 years 9 months ago #10151 by wallybear
Solved! After applying latest firmware update the iMac recognizes all 4 slots. I presume that the firmware I flashed was for a 21.5" model, that has only 2 memory slot. Finally an happy end... :)

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies