Macmini 5.1-Mid2011-A1347-Core i5-2.3Ghz-EMC 2442

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 4 months ago #1834 by thaGH05T
Wow thanks lolito for all the info you just provided! If I could only get someone to map the chip to the header every time I would have already released the new clip. Could you please get me the pinout from the chip to the header in a more readable format? preferably copying my pinout diagrams in text format for the MBA Easy Flash? That way I can mark your model off my list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1837 by lolito
that i´m afraid it's gonna be a bit too complicated for me to do for now. When I get the microscope camera, maybe i can, but anyways, with this machine the soic8 clip should work, no need for the MBA easy flash anyways, right?

More
8 years 4 months ago #1838 by thaGH05T
Correct, if the chip is of the SOIC 8 package size you can use a Pomona clip. I see you have a diagram of the pinout in the image you created. Can you net just relay that pinout to a text doc? it is too hard to make out for me to do it. It looks pretty accurate but i cannot be sure, how accurate was your work when getting the pinout?

More
8 years 4 months ago #1841 by lolito
that pinout diagram, all of those photos actually, are from the internet, not mine. The one you refer too is not done by me and definitely not a mac mini, or at least not this one. The macmini efi chip could be reprogrammed using the MBA easy flash thingy I gues,, as i can see the header in the mac mini logic board, or diagnostics port, however you wanna call it, but i have no damn clue what is the pinout.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1842 by thaGH05T
OK, I misunderstood then. Well the first step in creating a supported clip for your model is for me to have the pinout and/or you to identify the header type. This is going to come into play really soon once I finalize the new universal clips.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1843 by lolito
if the soic 8 clip works, what is exactly the point of using the mba ef clip? I still don't understand what's the point on that, I must be missing something.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1844 by thaGH05T
Because not all Mac's have that type of chip. In most newer MBP's and almost all MBA's have a qfn package size i think. I am not hip to all of the package size lingo but basically they have no legs, only pads that cannot be clipped to. We used to desolder them or solder to different points on the board which is why the clip exists. You only have to clip it to the mac and program it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1845 by thaGH05T
Actually I think its the dfn package size.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1846 by lolito
Yes, exactly. ok. I thought you were talking about the mac mini.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1848 by lolito
I don't exactly what happens to this logic board or how it is soldered at the factory, because i tried to unsolder the chip to put the new one, and the rework station was pumping air at almost 400 degrees celsius, and the F#####cking chip didn't want to come out. I practiced first with an arduino nano, and the tin from the chip legs were melting in less than 4 seconds with the same temperature... So soldering doesn't seem to wrok yet.

then the reprogramer, it's seem not to be working with the included software, at least it does not recognise the chip I don't know why. It's a MiniPro TL866... tired with the spare chip and tried with the chip on the logic board... pin 1 was perfectly set up in every step...

SO I have try more in one of these options or just give up this whole efi issues for the moment...

More
8 years 4 months ago #1871 by thaGH05T
Well lolito, the lesson here is that you should have taken my advice in the beginning and followed my methods. It isn't always full-proof, but it is a now widely used method as well as one that many have found successful.

With that being said, if your programmer doesn't read the chip you got in the post I still suggest you get a pi. I really hope you didn't damage the board, so to rule that out put it back together to see if it still boots.

After you get these bits of information post back here. You may also want to check the programmers support lit to see if it supports the chip, if it does then you may have another issue with your setup, such as voltage drop.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1875 by lolito
Lesson every single time is the same: if you do what other people advise you to, boy, you couldn't be more fucked up.

- Rasperry pi, with no monitor, and no screen, with command line, makes very little sense for a newby, it's looking for trouble, obvious, painfully obvious trouble. I made the programmer work, just not with the machine chip but with the other one I ordered. With that one i could make the bin in about 60 seconds, and very simple way.

- This logic board solder method or material is a bit weird, very hard to desolder. Happened already with other macbook models in the past, it's something normal.

The board is fucked up for some reason. The chip must be toasted, or the board damaged because of flux shit. I put all back together, the fan works, the led indicator works, but there is no image.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1876 by thaGH05T
I'm not sure if there is a language barrier and I'm just not saying things in a way you can understand them or if you are just not familiar with most of this. If you are new to the pi then ask specifically for help on how to use it. I chose the pi because it is the most user friendly device for something like this. You started off this thread with a bad attitude which is why I'm now the only person reluctant to reply to you. All differences aside, if you are able to read the purchased chip with your programmer, I need to know if both chips are the same model. If not then you are still stuck not knowing if the on board chip is able to be read by your programmer. As far as your mac goes it sounds as though you have fried a component, blown one or several out of place, or you have damaged more than that. You need to test the resistors and components that you applied heat to as well as those within 5 inches at least surrounding that which you applied heat. The chip itself van be simply bypassed by piggy backing the purchased chip onto it if you wanna try soldering a chip to another chip. Be sure this won't cause a space issue for assembly. Report back as much info as possible with some hd images if you still want/need help.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1877 by lolito
You haven't helped much really, more like the contrary, i´m the only one uploading information in this thread. I have fixed a few hundred macbooks already. I will repeat this again, as I am sure you will miss-read it. A-FEW-HUNDREDS. I know how to solder. This mac and other macbooks seem to have a different solder method, they do need different temperature settings. Perhaps unsoldering with the iron instead of the rework air flow would have been required.

Right now i think the machine is dirty with flux, so that is the problem. Did one ultrasonic clean but at mid temperature. Higher temperature might clean it. Still there is nothing to do with this mac unless something more drastic is done, but then there is more risk.

I don't need any more "help", I mean not from you. Please use your time to help other people. Don't loose your time in this thread, specially if it's for nothing other that requesting stuff without actually helping. If someone else eally knows how to work on this machine, I would appreciate it, but unfortunately, as anyone can notice by the lack of dump in the database, these mac minis are way less pressent than any macbook, less known.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by lolito.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1878 by thaGH05T
Ok, well I'll leave you to it then since you have fixed several hundred without knowing how to even use a pi. Or thinking a less invasive method has more risk. I surely don't need to get into a pissing contest from a guy from NASA now do i? My questions are more pertinent to the situation than you seem to realize, which is unfortunate because I'm the only one now willing to help you since your ignorant attitude has alienated everyone else. I wish you the best of luck.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1879 by lolito
everyone else from the 5 users of this forum?

Fuck off man, get someone else to do the pinouts and your laundry. Good luck asshole.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1880 by thaGH05T
Maybe if you could count you could see close to 500 users are on the forum, around 20 visitors at any given time and over 6,000,000 unique views yearly. So, yes your ignorance will be seen and maybe someone can offer a helping hand. But, what you need to is take your questions elsewhere as I surely don't appreciate you spamming my forum with your trivial crap. Also, I really could care less if you got me the pinout or not because I have the schematic. I only asked for validation because the pinout wasn't the same on your Mac. But instead of making you look like a fool I decided to play dumb and ask for your verification. The worst part about helping people is trying to help ungrateful ones too. Having to reply to you with as much tact as possible is pretty hard considering id sooner ban you than let you flood your own thread with your nonsense. Since your keen on counting and using four letter words and all how about going around and counting how many people I have actually helped apposed to those that have had no help? Keep in mind I have fixed more Mac's than you have ever seen and I have HELPED people fix more than you have actually worked on. Funny thing is, I cannot stand Apple and I do not even have a Mac for my own personal use because its junk.

But, again if you wanna set your differences aside I will still help anyone who needs it, even if they are people like you. Cheers....

More
8 years 4 months ago #1881 by
Wow what a douche bag...now I haven't worked at NASA but even I know 400 degrees from a rework station is too much. Surely a guy who has fixed hundreds of macs would know that and use an iron rather than melt everything (let's say you melted stuff as you can't read the chip and the mac doesn't work with the new one). I suggest taking your funked up mac back to NASA and see if they can fix the job you've done on it, I'm sure with your gracious attitude they'll help you out!!!
Ghost I applaud your patience along this thread and the methods that have worked for many many people (even first timers) obviously aren't good enough for this guy...hence why he felt the need to mess this mac up in such a proper way lol.
Many greatful users have successfully recovered thousands and thousands of pounds/dollars worth of equipment with help provided here, so let this man get on his merry way with his nice mac and resolve his issues (both personal and with his mac) hahaha. No place here for posts like that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T

More
8 years 4 months ago #1883 by thaGH05T
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 4 months ago #1884 by lolito
The machine is still in perfect shape, apparently. I connect it again to a monitor and it now boots

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't be happier. Having repaired many water damaged macbook sin the past, i was kind of expecting this. It happens often, the machine needs to heat up a bit to erase the very latests rests of water, specially if you don't want to take the time to do an isopropil alcohol inmersion.

Obviously, I´ve never worked in NASA. Why would an astornaut enter a website of people who work on unlocking stolen macs? Cut the bullshit guys, you know what this is all about. I put the information of the chip this machine uses, I put photos, etc... I used a couple of methods that could work, not one but two. The machine is working, even after trying to unsolder this motherffffffff... Not gonna destroy a 700€ machine, i´m not that stupid. Not as stupid as you guys.

Get the rasperry pi deep inside your ass guys, haha.

Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 480 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies