Macmini 5.1-Mid2011-A1347-Core i5-2.3Ghz-EMC 2442

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 4 months ago #1885 by thaGH05T
As for anyone reading this thread, if you have made it this far and are annoyed with this please click the "Thank You" button now. I will ban lolito after 10 Thank Yous'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1888 by thaGH05T
OK , you got me there... I did not go back and get your chip model from previous pages in the thread, my apologies. But, then again; it wasn't my responsibility to be sure it works with the programmer. Even so, check the voltage of the programmer as I have mentioned before, there is likely a capacitor draining the voltage being supplied to the programmer and the chip which will cause it not to read. Use a usb 3.0 port if needed because they usually have more amperage. You could also plug in, but not power on, the mac to supply whatever is draining the power, if in fact that's the issue. Glad to see it is in working order and not fried yet. This means we still have another avenue of approach.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1889 by thaGH05T
I deleted your last two posts so you wouldn't embarrass yourself.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1890 by lolito
the programmer works perfectly, I managed to read the spare chip I received, I saved the dump on my hard drive. I could put it here, so everyone could use it, but it's not the original dump, is the one the company who i bought the chip put on it (largest company in europe selling chips for stolen property, just like this site, ahahaha).

no problem with voltage, at all. but again, you guys know the easy machines to solve. No imac, no mac mini...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by thaGH05T.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1891 by lolito
You were right!!!!! It was the voltage thaGH05T!!!!! I was a complete and udder moron for not listening sooner. Thanks!

More
8 years 4 months ago #1892 by thaGH05T
The voltage may not be fine because ISP (in system programming) a chip is much different then just a single chip. Check the voltage at the chip and stop being stubborn. You need to test VCC to GND....

More
8 years 4 months ago #1893 by thaGH05T
For reference lolito check here .

More
8 years 4 months ago #1895 by
I got the last few posts aimed at both of us and this guy is an ass and I can't believe your still entertaining him...your a better man than me Ghost!!!
Me, my iMac with freshly written fw, my macbook pro with freshly written fw, my trusty PI and soic clip (as I'm not scared of writing a chip) are off this thread before I reply on his level which I'd rather not do!
Good luck Ghost ;)

More
8 years 4 months ago #1896 by thaGH05T
Yea man, your'e right I have washed my hands now.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 4 months ago #1897 by
Some kind of personality disorder it seems :silly: ..all thanks and niceness a minute ago, then back to ranting lol...someone skipped his meds I think. Well done for staying polite to the end Ghost. If I'm ever over your way I'm buying you a drink haha

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1898 by lolito
I'm a Netherlands moron.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1899 by thaGH05T
Haha much obliged sir.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1900 by lolito
I also have no idea about port security. Or how that lieing about being behind a proxy is useless.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1901 by lolito
ok, back to topic. So i should try to read the chip with the machine connected to electricity? What do you think about the cell battery in the logic board? I tried to read the chip without that battery, should i try with the battery on?

More
8 years 4 months ago #1902 by lolito
you call me moron but you censor and edit the post of a user. I guess you know i am right, and that is why...

More
8 years 4 months ago #1905 by thaGH05T
Keep it clean and I'll remove the edited posts...

As for the Mac I do think you should have it connected to the DC adaptor to try and load any capacitor darning the power from your programmer.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1907 by lolito
I don't trust you any more, not you and not your knowledge. It's always said to read the chip without power on the board, otherwise the chip will get 2 times the power and will get fried, so no, thank you but no. I will not go that route. I will leave it as it is, or cut the chip legs and solder the new one.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1908 by thaGH05T
Cutting the legs may damage a pad but I think if you're more comfortable with that method then go for it. Supplying power to the board with the machine off will not cause damage to the board. Also the chip can handle more power (amperage) than you will be supplying it. And the voltage will stay the same not double if that's what you meant.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1909 by lolito
the chip is on the other side of the logic board, on the inside side, so i have to take it apart to connect the clip. if i take it apart i can not give it power anymore, i could maybe connect the power supply unit... even with the board off.

In any case, why everyone always say to read the chip with the power out of the board, ALWAYS, and now you tell me to do the opposite thing? don't you think it makes very little sense?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by lolito.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1910 by thaGH05T
I can understand the controversey, because it's the safest way to do things. But I am not asking you to turn the machine on which would be dangerous. Like I said I have a schematic for the board. If you don't feel comfortable please try your way first.

Who's Online

We have 769 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies