Macbook Air mid 2013 - EMC2632

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2059 by csorinsv
Hello,
I recently bought a Macbook Air on eBay password-protected. Then ordered a programmer EZP2010 to delete password from the Mac. I first tried to make them read the memory on the motherboard but all the time I`ve get read error.( maybe becouse is connected in circuit)
I desoldering IC memory and read, but I did not know exactly how much to delete the code for the password to be null. I downloaded the file .bin EMC from Ghostlyhacks and I replaced the serial number with mine, being very careful not to change its file size.
After writing the image file I resolder on the laptop.
Now laptop has these symptoms:
1. At first opened enterd in recovery - I installed the operating system - but when the process was almost complete I have got a gray screen, the Apple logo and an hourglass that shows me that everything is charging.
2. I managed to get into safe mode ( but nothing to do there )
3. Now laptop power on randomly - I tried NVRAM reset
4. Right now laptop don`t want to "live" - a black screen, fan cooling is running - and no sound.

I attach files copied from the original chip. Please help me get out the password from this file.

Any other information I are invaluable. Thank you !

The EFI Chip is on the bottom of motherboard.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2063 by thaGH05T
I have cleaned ap3.bin and placed it here as an attachment. Enjoy!

File Attachment:

File Name: C02KTLVYF5...IXED.zip
File Size:4,371 KB
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #2068 by csorinsv
Thank you very much. I will try write this dump today and I'll come back with the results.

Happy new year!

More
8 years 2 months ago #2070 by thaGH05T
Looking forward to your reply in the new year.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2076 by csorinsv
Good afternoon and a happy new year for everyone.
Today I managed to desolder and programm again the efi bios chip with the fixed firmware provided by thaGH05T ( thank you again for your support). The Macbook started normaly, without that efi password, but now the laptop is asking me for a new 4 digit password to unlock the computer.
I`ve made a PRAM reset - holding down - cmd + alt + p + r - and power button ( 3 times), and after that it wants a fresh install of operating system and didn`t asking me again for password.
What surprised me was that in disk aid - one partion ( 640 mb ) say`s that is locked.
Right now I`m waiting download OS X Mountain Lion.
It`s any chance that after installing the OS the password will appear again ?

Once again I want to thank you for your support.

Update:
Everything is fully functional. After installing OS X this Macbook comes alive - without any password.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by csorinsv.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2086 by CygnusX1
Repartition the drive with 1 partition then install the OS X.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 2 months ago #2091 by thaGH05T
I would like to add that re registering this mac with iCloud will ensure it cannot be iCloud locked again.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2104 by csorinsv
Hello,
I Have already made this operations and everything was good. I managed to install the OS X and login with my iCloud account and everything is running perfectly.
Thank you again for your support.

Who's Online

We have 490 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies