MacBook PRO 2012 2554 i7 2.9

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2180 by Stalker13710
Hello everyone, tried to unlock my MBP 2012 2554 i7 2.9 with a CH341A Programmer .. chosed Detect, but it didn't do it correctly so I ended with incorrect backup dumps.. Now my mac doesn't boot up. I chosed common 25x64 and tried to flash the dump from repository but still not booting. The chip I'm flashing is a N25Q064A. Can somebody help me with a dump for this chip? Maybe I chose the wrong chip.. is this the EFI chip?
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Stalker13710.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2194 by baileyw813
if it is EMC 2554 it is already in the repo. You just need to edit it to include your serial number and you should be good to go. Go to Downloads and choose EFI repo and type in 2554. then Download file and open in text editor and search for Model-Number and replace with your serial number

And yes, that is the EFI chip with PIN #1 in the top left by the dot.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by baileyw813.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stalker13710

More
8 years 3 months ago #2195 by Stalker13710
I did all of that. But I solved it, the problem was that I was editing the file with my serial number using Notepad wich was my mistake, tried to change it in a hex editor, and my MacBook booted up without fw password .. thank you guys for this website and for the .bin.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2236 by thaGH05T
I really need to stress that using the repos is for LAST RESORT situations only if used to flash your chip.

Who's Online

We have 439 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies