Macbook Pro 15 retina late 2013 DG 2.3ghz EMC 2745

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2208 by HTP
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum/site. I hope I can contribute to this forum and learn from other members here.

i'm facing a strange issue with a mbpro a1398 late 2013 (DG) 2.3ghz emc 2745 .
I bought it on ebay with a bad screen.. replaced the screen and all is good except for that it does not have a serial number.
Normally you can look in the bios dump for ssn , hwc or things like that but in this file that part is missing.
It looks a bit like this case: ghostlyhaks.com/forum/efi-firmware-dumps-requests/255-macbook-pro-15-retina-2-5-i7-mid-2014-emc-2881

the macbook works but not all programs like icloud , etc.. will work so I would like to solve it.

Ive tried to program a bios file from a exact same model .. the machine boots with it but very very slow. It takes 20 secs before the light of the screen goes on and makes the gong sound. also the machine works continiously on the Geforce GT750 instead of the intel iris pro.
I tried the blank board serializer v1.1 utility from Apple but it gives me error 460 (the utility does not seem to work with newer models)

Next step: Ive downloaded the bios dump with emc 2745 but with 2.6ghz cpu from this site . I think this should also work because only the cpu is different?

Any1 has an idea? I will upload the bios dump as soon as I get home! You guys may want to check it and share your findings? Thank you!
I can also upload the other bios dump that I used but which makes the macbook run slow (boot)

(My apologies for the bad spelling and translation of some words/sentences but my native language is Dutch :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2217 by HTP
Here are the bios dump files:

1) the mbpro_late2013_no_serial is the original bios dump of the machine that has no serial
2) the mbpro_late2013_other_mac is the bios dump from another identical machine but gives very slow boot when written in the no_serial machine.

thanks!
Attachments:

More
8 years 3 months ago #2237 by thaGH05T
Holy crap...... what in the world is that original??? I have never seen anything like it... The second one is going to boot slow but you can just force a firmware upgrade and fix it. I will have to look further into the original. I think this could be of great help to research. GUYS LOOK AT IT.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2242 by HTP
I tried a efi upgrade but it gives error that I don't have os x 10.9.5 .Seems like a wrong error because I have 10.10.1 running.. tought it would be ok to have a higher version?
support.apple.com/nl-be/HT201518
the machine has MBP111.0138.B14 and I downloaded the MBP111.0138.B16 (2015-002) to upgrade

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2244 by HTP
I did a update to os x 10.10.5 and it works like a charm now!! Still can't install the efi update but thats not a priority anymore now :-)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by HTP.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2248 by thaGH05T
So just to clear things up your machine hung at the OS loading or hung at boot before the Apple logo?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2291 by HTP
when I pushed the power button, it took some time before the display backlight went on and then it took around 10 seconds before the apple sound played and logo appeared. Then it took 1 full minute to load os x to the login screen (the mac continiously worked on the GT750 instead of the intel iris pro, even on battery)
After the update to 10.10.5 all worked like normal . push power button - directly apple sound and logo . os x booted in 5 secs

This is with the 2.6ghz model bios from this website (changed the serial to the real one)
So I'm not using the strange efi bios anymore (the one without serial part)

Who's Online

We have 329 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies