Can same model dump with different cpu be used

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2307 by
Could the dump for a emc 2673 with an i7 2.7 be used on a 2673 with i7 2.4? I ask this as I've scoured the site and can't find a clean i7 2.3 dump, only a 2.7 one.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2308 by CygnusX1
I am 99% sure that you can't. There is more to it then just the processor speed.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

If I helped you buy me a latte!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 3 months ago #2309 by HTP
It can work if its the same model with same graphics cards, etc..
Ive used the 2.6ghz late 2013 DG for the 2.3ghz model (same geforce gt750m graphics , etc..)
After the flash it can act strangely but update os x to the latest version and any efi firmware updates, and it should be OK.

be sure to back up your current bios so you can go back to it if it should fail :-)

What bios you need because I read 2.4 and further in your text it says 2.3 ? what exact model do you need?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2311 by
Thanks for the reply, yes my bad it's an early 2013 i7 2.4 that I need
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #2313 by
Don't suppose you have a clean 2.4 dump do you Hitiepoeh?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2315 by HTP
I think I have 8gb and 16gb dumps, will try to upload it on sunday . You have 8 or 16gb model?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2316 by
It's the 8GB 256SSD. Thank you very much buddy

More
8 years 3 months ago #2319 by CygnusX1
It is in the repository if you go look for it.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2321 by
That was my dump that was uploaded. After cleaning the $svs area and reflashing the efi I did a fresh instal etc but on logging into iTunes there's a DEP popup (apples device enrolment program). As the ssd has been formatted I'm wondering if the DEP profile is logged in the efi or if it's just linked to serial number. Hence why I'd like to try a dump from a machine not associated with a DEP so I can find out by elimination

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2322 by CygnusX1
Hmmm.... I have never run into that "DEP" issue before. In fact, I have never even heard of it until now! :unsure:

Did you read this? www.apple.com/education/docs/DEP_Guide.pdf

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2323 by
Yes I've done quite a bit of reading on it (I've mentioned it and posted a couple links for info in my Scratch n Patch post in one of the other sections). Apparently since 2015 DEP profiles can't be removed unless logic board is replaced, this leads me to believe that's it's efi related or picks up the serial number as ssd has formatted and fresh OS X. It was the first is heard of it

More
8 years 3 months ago #2324 by
I wouldn't know where to start with trying to compare the dump with a non dep related one, to see if the profile is stored in efi (I doubt this would be the case but I'm guessing at that), I'd think it's more likely picked up on by the serial once the machine is enrolled?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2325 by CygnusX1
Can't you just decline it?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2326 by
You can skip it, but it pops up each time you boot up....and the ocd in me needs to find out how it's picked up and how users can remove if they want to. That's why if I can get another dump, I can try it and then I know if it's info in the actual dump or if it's serial related that triggers the enrolment setup

More
8 years 3 months ago #2327 by CygnusX1
What is that model number?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2328 by
It's an A1398 EMC 2673 early 2013 i7 2.4 8gb ram 256ssd

More
8 years 3 months ago #2329 by CygnusX1
I looked through all my dumps and I don't have one for the i7 2.4 Sorry about that. I wished I could have helped. Did you partition the drive into 1 partition? Clear the PRAM and SMC?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2330 by
No worries and thanks for looking. Yes did all of the above, so hopefully I can get a clean dump and work out if it's information in the efi dump or just serial number related. Thanks again for trying to help out, much appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

More
8 years 2 months ago #2339 by
Hitiepoeh if you have a dump for the 2.4 you could upload I'd really really appreciate it buddy

More
8 years 2 months ago #2344 by thaGH05T
I imagine this DEP thing is looking for a UID, there are only a couple that a Mac has that I know of, and the most used is the serial number. You can try replacing the serial number in the EFI firmware file and then clearing PRAM to be sure everything is removed from NVRAM. I am thinking this will likely work, so give it a go and get back to me please.

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies