How to change serial number MacBook Air 2013

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2340 by hugo13
Good evening I'm annoyed I Dump my Mac book air A1466 EFI I can't decrypt the serial number you can help me please know where it lies with HxD :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2342 by hugo13
Hello help me please I would like to detect the serial number encrypted on the new MacBook Air models 2013 I do not know where it is if you can give me a hand it would be nice of you HXD :(

More
8 years 2 months ago #2345 by thaGH05T
Can you please post your original dump so we can have a look?

More
8 years 2 months ago #2355 by hugo13
Hello my friend I send you Dump bin of my MacBook Air makes almost a month I am looking the serial number but I can't find if you can help me please it must be encrypted péter on older models from 2011 I arrive to find may 2013 I can't if you can give me a hand this would be nice on your part you watches me exactly where it is located HxD thanks :(
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #2361 by thaGH05T
This dump is jacked up, it has very few signatures of Apple EFI firmware. The it doesn't even start off with the correct Intel signatures or firmware volumes. I think this is a very corrupt dump, one that has been heavily modified by someone with much more knowledge than myself, or it is not even Apple EFI firmware. You need to give me the backstory on this firmware. Does it work on the mac you pulled it from? Where did you get the Mac from and is it refurbished. If so who did you buy it from? Can you re-dump the firmware saving it to a .bin and not .txt this time. What is your setup like etc...... It would also help to know what your serial number is.

All that being said, i did find some interesting things. I wanna touch base on offset:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

...which is where I found something of interest.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This looks like the device identifier that can be found by hitting Control-Option-Command-Shift-S at boot. The first 17 characters should be the device ID and the whole thing is submitted to an Apple tech who will use it to get an SCBO file that will update the firmware removing the EFI password. I am not convinced this is an actual dump, it is likely an SCBO either gotten directly from Apple or re-engineered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dijitalxyz

More
8 years 2 months ago #2366 by hugo13

thaGH05T wrote: This dump is jacked up, it has very few signatures of Apple EFI firmware. The it doesn't even start off with the correct Intel signatures or firmware volumes. I think this is a very corrupt dump, one that has been heavily modified by someone with much more knowledge than myself, or it is not even Apple EFI firmware. You need to give me the backstory on this firmware. Does it work on the mac you pulled it from? Where did you get the Mac from and is it refurbished. If so who did you buy it from? Can you re-dump the firmware saving it to a .bin and not .txt this time. What is your setup like etc...... It would also help to know what your serial number is.

All that being said, i did find some interesting things. I wanna touch base on offset:

...which is where I found something of interest.

This looks like the device identifier that can be found by hitting Control-Option-Command-Shift-S at boot. The first 17 characters should be the device ID and the whole thing is submitted to an Apple tech who will use it to get an SCBO file that will update the firmware removing the EFI password. I am not convinced this is an actual dump, it is likely an SCBO either gotten directly from Apple or re-engineered.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2367 by hugo13
Good evening I found it also this text but that's not what interests me I wanted to know where he was the serial number in my opinion the new models are encrypted :(

More
8 years 2 months ago #2369 by hugo13
In my opinion the new models are very difficult to amend and to decrypt the serial number I looked on my computer in fact it was model 2014

More
8 years 2 months ago #2371 by thaGH05T
We have done many different models including 2015. There has not been a difference thus far, unless yours has a TPM that we don't know about. (Not Likely) Can you please answer some of the questions i have asked you before?

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #6714 by duhengineer
Hey guys, I'm having a similar problem with my macbook air 1466 2013-2014

during the ASD EFI/OS tests it kept supplying this error

"No override file detected. Please Flash before running diagnostics"

The computer otherwise is 100% functional but we want to be able to supply the serial number for our customer.

After dumping the bin and investigating I was not able to find the text "override-version" which confirms that the EFI is missing the override file.

How should I proceed ?

I was thinking my first option could be to replace the firmware with a clean dump, but im not sure if thats necessary. Would it be possible to simply replace the region dedicated to this file with the correct hex?

File Attachment:

File Name: read1.zip
File Size:4,338 KB
Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 236 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies