Macbook 12" A1534 EFI chip location

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 2 months ago #6335 by G.Beard
look in my dropbox for 820-00045 and open the schematic. Search for SPIROM and it will tell you what chip it is.
www.dropbox.com/sh/36j4ay1t1eyohtb/AAC4faeWC3nLBB81FiYxRwiQa?dl=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6336 by onfuv3
I used flatiron/Raspberry pi , but you can use any programmer with SPI support ,

More
7 years 2 months ago #6389 by SomeGuy
I don't really want to spread light on anyone else's tools but they're tools out there that by probing the chip to give it power then it instantly deletes the pw I ordered the tool and it works on all macs all models. I also use my EFIDL on many projects I use both tools

More
7 years 2 months ago #6391 by G.Beard

SomeGuy wrote: I don't really want to spread light on anyone else's tools but they're tools out there that by probing the chip to give it power then it instantly deletes the pw I ordered the tool and it works on all macs all models. I also use my EFIDL on many projects I use both tools

I just love the way you say you use this on many other "Projects" :blink: ......
Touching a probe on a pad to remove a password from a stolen Mac is not really a project. I think it's more commonly known as handeling stolen goods :lol:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6392 by SomeGuy
I don't handle stolen Macs I own a computer company and most of them I buy have the entire palm rest beat up, broken keyboard, wifi not working etc.. I fix Macs and then I resell them. I don't buy from the public. I was just trying to give some advice so he doesn't ruin his Mac. The Efidl works great on most Macs but some it doesn't and for that you would use something different until its known that it will work on all 2015-2016 etc..

More
7 years 2 months ago #6393 by G.Beard
I refurbish logic boards, I can get trough 10 in a day. Most of the machines I get come from WEEE registered centres or from insurance companies and I have only needed to remove EFI PW once in the past year (from a friends Mac!) ..... Anyway fagin...... It's not my conscience.

More
6 years 11 months ago #7034 by baileyw813
Did you run 3.3.v to the chip? there was another thread on here warning about 3.3v on these boards, as they said they are powered by 1.8v. However, everything I find on the specs of the chip is that they're 3V and powered off the 3.3v power rail from the mac... did you have success?

More
6 years 11 months ago #7036 by G.Beard

baileyw813 wrote: Did you run 3.3.v to the chip? there was another thread on here warning about 3.3v on these boards, as they said they are powered by 1.8v. However, everything I find on the specs of the chip is that they're 3V and powered off the 3.3v power rail from the mac... did you have success?

Can't you just line in with an ICSP from something like a TL886?

Who's Online

We have 195 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies