Looking for clean EMC 2361(820-3435) EFI dump

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2786 by Rykono
Need to reprogram a 820-3435(EMC 2631) board with a new efi. Does anyone have a clean dump?

Edit: Realized i posted this in the wrong area, feel free to move.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Rykono.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2790 by CygnusX1
We need more info. Is it the i5, i7 and so on.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 1 month ago #2792 by Rykono
820-3435 is a macbook air, core i5 4th gen 2014 model

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2825 by Rykono
well i learned how to put a clean ME region on the bios. So here is a link to a bios with a clean ME region ready to install on any bios chip for a 820-3435 logic board.

www.filedropper.com/8203435

Just flash it on any bios chip of any 820-3435 logic board. it will handshake with the PCH upon first boot and set the ME region. Allowing this to be installed on any logic board.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2852 by thaGH05T
Do you care to share any of your research on this?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2855 by Rykono
www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Go here find the management region that matches your processor in section B1. Then copy and paste into your original efi/.bin. Simple and easy just make sure you are copying over into the same place. Ive been doing a search for the word "krid" then a couple lines above it is where the management region starts.

The Pizza Guy
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2856 by Rykono
I can make a more detailed write up later tonight but im sure you'll be able to figure it out. But with this clean ME region now when the mac boots the first time with new me region the cpu/pch does its first time "handshake" with the bios and makes them pair. So essentially you can now take that same model bios and put it on any macbook of the same model

The Pizza Guy

More
8 years 1 month ago #2857 by thaGH05T
I would like to see that write up with a tutorial maybe? We should get local copies of the files in the forum as well. I can allow you to post this in the Blog section if you'd like? If I am correct in my assumptions, you are talking about a cross architecture supported ROM?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2859 by Rykono
So here, i work on repairing dead and water damaged macbook logic boards for a living. Typically ill get a water damaged macbook that ends up corrupting the bios. When this happens the macbook will usually turn on and even chime but will sit at a black screen. So in order to fix this ill pull the bios from another logic board of the same model, change the serial number, upload the clean me region and it will fix it. I learned this from your tutorial btw i have very little experience in this. But typically if you just copy the efi and put it to a new one it wont work because the ME region sets up a "handshake" with the cpu. (Another way apple likes to make sure their boards arent being fixed by third parties) so after learning all this stuff from your tutorial i was able to find that link that had clean me region which allows taking a efi file from a different board cleaning the me and serial number and putting it on a new board. Yeah if you give me a blog access ill write up a quick tutorial on how to get this done. So i dont this its really cross architecture because you still have to pull the bios from the same model board then clean the me region and change serial for the new one.

The Pizza Guy

More
8 years 1 month ago #2860 by thaGH05T
I have added you as an author, go to the side bar menu and then go to "My Profile". Under the Articles tab should be a button you can now use to create Blog posts. Email me once created so i can be sure it is correctly setup. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies