EFI Firmware Request - Macbook Mid 2010 EMC 2395*

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #187 by kamalsingh113
Hi everyone,

A big thank you to the founder of this forum, lots of important information regarding Macbook EFIs not found elsewhere. I have a macbook which has a corrupted EFI firmware and hence need to flash it with a working one. I managed to download the dump file from the EFI chip (May be someone can repair it, somehow ?? Hence attaching it with this thread).

The following are the specifications:
Model: A1342
EMC: 2395*
Proc.: Core 2 Duo 13" White. (Mid 2010 Model)

I downloaded the bin file from the online repository ( ghostlyhaks.com/downloads/2014-07-25-06-43-32/efi-firmware ) however when I try to flash the EFI chip with the dump obtained, I get a message that the file being flashed is larger than the chip capacity 4194304 bytes.

The bin file I dumped from the EFI chip (Attached with this thread) is 4194304 bytes, while the new EFI obtained from the repository is 4208985 bytes.

The onboard chip I am trying to flash is SST25VF032B-80-4I-S2AF

All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks .
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by kamalsingh113. Reason: Attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #188 by XaneXXXX
Hello. I will look into your locked dump later tonight. Maybe i can modify it, I'm new at this tho. But worth a try! :)

Update: Looked a little fast on it, i have no idea what to do since your dump doesn't seem to have the "$SVS" like most of them have. Sorry about that :(

So you have to wait for Thaghost to check it out.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by XaneXXXX.

More
9 years 2 months ago #191 by thaGH05T
OK, so that's a problem some have had. I cannot validate the actual chip that the dump was on, so it's a huge toss up. What I have done is modified empty space from the file on my server to the exact chip size (Very Important). This can go one of two ways: It will fail miserably because the instruction set is looking for specific registers. OR It will simply work. Please have a go with it and let me know your results.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2395-13MB2....4_T.zip
File Size:1,767 KB
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago #196 by kamalsingh113
Hi ThaGhost,

I tried flashing the EFI Chip with your modified dump, but No Luck. The macbook flashed with that dump file boots and enters into a reboot loop with no backlight just fan spins and turns off and then spins back on and so on..

The dump file I attached previously is corrupted (Looks like the person I bought the macbook from tried updating the flash when something went wrong and it got bricked). The symptoms of that dumb are as follows:
1. Fan turns on
2. Screen comes on (With a Chime)
3. White screen stays for a while and a flashing folder comes on (With a Question Mark)

I suspected it was either a Hard drive crash or a damaged HDD cable and replaced both of them, still no luck, therefore assume it has to do something with the EFI chip.

I have ordered a pre-programmed chip from Ebay which will come in few weeks, will try booting from that chip and update you on it. If it works, I will upload a dump from the chip to update the repository. Thanks :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #197 by XaneXXXX
The flashing folder with question mark, I got that when i didn't have osx installed (newly formatted HDD). Removed the EFI lock, no more flashing folder since could launch internet recovery.

Cheers.

More
9 years 2 months ago #199 by thaGH05T
kamalsingh113, dump the chip you get and upload the file here when you can please.

XaneXXXX, are you saying you successfully flashed your chip?

More
9 years 2 months ago #203 by kamalsingh113
Yes will upload the dump file once I receive the new chip.

Just an update, I did some research and experimented with the existing chip and realized that the previous owner tried flashing the chip to install windows onto the macbook until something went terribly wrong and bricked the machine. When I restart the machine with a windows 8 cd, it boots from it but cannot find the HDD driver and hence fails to install. I tried using windows 7, windows 8, windows xp and also windows 95, but no luck.

Last resort is to get the chip which is on its way, extract the dump and flash this chip with the new dump or simply just replace the chip so that macbook's efi firmware is on the chip to boot from a Mac Os X Mavericks USB and install OS X on the machine.

More
9 years 2 months ago #204 by thaGH05T
Sounds like a plan but the flash will suffice am am sure of that. Unless for some reason it is damaged. (common sense I know.)

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #240 by kamalsingh113
Hi,

So I finally got the Bios Firmware chip and I dumped the firmware to the macbook but unfortunately did not manage to fix the macbook :(

I have uploaded the clean firmware (From the new Chip) with this thread..
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by kamalsingh113. Reason: attachement

More
9 years 1 month ago #249 by thaGH05T
What does the Macbook do when you press the power button?

More
5 years 2 months ago #11030 by Motorka

Who's Online

We have 388 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies