A1370 mid 2011 NEED HELP TO REMOVE EFI LOCK

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 9 months ago #4008 by MMCH
A1370
mid 2011
EMC 2471
i5 1,6ghz

Hi i have just bought this reader/writer. is it possible for one of you to make a .Bin file for me so i can get the macbook unlocked? and can i use this type of reader to do transfer the .Bin file to the bios?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4010 by CygnusX1

MMCH wrote: A1370
mid 2011
EMC 2471
i5 1,6ghz

Hi i have just bought this reader/writer. is it possible for one of you to make a .Bin file for me so i can get the macbook unlocked? and can i use this type of reader to do transfer the .Bin file to the bios?

In my opinion this programmer is garbage. Most of the time you would need to remove the chip and insert the chip into the programmer to write the file to it.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 9 months ago #4012 by MMCH
why that? is caused by bad connection in the plug?
what if i buy the clip you are talking about and use it with the programmer i already have bought?

More
7 years 9 months ago #4013 by CygnusX1
Sorry but that programmer is junk. I have one myself and over the past year I have never gotten it to work.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4014 by MMCH
So it is the programmer and not the clip?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4028 by MMCH
can i use this one to supply the chip with 3.3V? arduinotech.dk/shop/dc-5v-3-3v-step-power-supply/

More
7 years 8 months ago #4035 by CygnusX1

MMCH wrote: can i use this one to supply the chip with 3.3V? arduinotech.dk/shop/dc-5v-3-3v-step-power-supply/

I can't see the site since it says it is only available in Denmark.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4039 by MMCH
It is this one i am talking about: AMS1117 3.3V power supply module

More
7 years 8 months ago #4042 by CygnusX1

MMCH wrote: It is this one i am talking about: AMS1117 3.3V power supply module

How many amps is it?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4047 by MMCH
i think it is 800mA

More
7 years 8 months ago #4067 by CygnusX1

MMCH wrote: i think it is 800mA

That is only 0.08amps, you need at least 2.4amps.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4074 by therealjayvi
I also have the Sofi Programmer and it is honestly not worth the time to try and get it working correctly unfortunately :( As Cygnus said in most cases the only way to get it to work is to remove the entire chip out of its socket and program it then solder it back which, unless you're good at doing exactly that and have done it many times before, will probably ruin more than it's worth. Which sucks because I happen to like the GUI that comes with the Sofi, the Windows FlyPro app suits every need I could hope for in a GUI like that!

If you've got your heart set on keeping this programmer there is a way you can get it to work, but it would require modification. First you would need to swap out the connector clip, the part that fits into the socket on the Sofi itself. The stock version doesn't have the option for modification, but if you look at this one in the picture I have attached to this message you'll see there is 2 holes off to the side for an external VCC & GND to hook into. If you are familiar with vaping at all you'd know that a typical vape pen battery is exactly 3.3v so, for instance, you could take said battery and solder two connections from either end into the two spots on that Sofi clip and when you go to access an EFI chip it will work flawlessly ;) I hate that damn error FlyPro gives you about "voltage fault" or something, this was the only way I could find around it. Hope it helps.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

More
7 years 8 months ago #4075 by CygnusX1
Thank you therealjayvi! You may be on to something here. I need to look for a rechargeable battery for this. Thanks for a great tip!

therealjayvi wrote: I also have the Sofi Programmer and it is honestly not worth the time to try and get it working correctly unfortunately :( As Cygnus said in most cases the only way to get it to work is to remove the entire chip out of its socket and program it then solder it back which, unless you're good at doing exactly that and have done it many times before, will probably ruin more than it's worth. Which sucks because I happen to like the GUI that comes with the Sofi, the Windows FlyPro app suits every need I could hope for in a GUI like that!

If you've got your heart set on keeping this programmer there is a way you can get it to work, but it would require modification. First you would need to swap out the connector clip, the part that fits into the socket on the Sofi itself. The stock version doesn't have the option for modification, but if you look at this one in the picture I have attached to this message you'll see there is 2 holes off to the side for an external VCC & GND to hook into. If you are familiar with vaping at all you'd know that a typical vape pen battery is exactly 3.3v so, for instance, you could take said battery and solder two connections from either end into the two spots on that Sofi clip and when you go to access an EFI chip it will work flawlessly ;) I hate that damn error FlyPro gives you about "voltage fault" or something, this was the only way I could find around it. Hope it helps.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4076 by MMCH
Thank you therealjayvi

sounds nice, the only reason why i want to use this programmer is because i ordered it befor i saw this homepage.

one question, instead of buying the connector clip you are showing, could i then cut the wire from pin 4 and 8 because as i see that is the two pins with is going to the GND and VCC, and then connect a 3.3v battery to those two cables with are going to the logic board? and leave the two cables from programmer?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4090 by MMCH
i was thinking about the battery called 18650

More
7 years 8 months ago #4097 by reverendalc
you're going to spend WAY TOO MUCH time and energy trying to get that programmer to work. i appreciate your investment in it, but honestly cygnus and jayvee are right... it's not designed for in-circuit programming. with tweaks and modifications, you can do the job with that tool, however:

if you want quick, easy, step by step instructions (with pictures) i suggest you grab a raspberry pi. there are many people here who know that process thoroughly, and are willing to help you. not many people have experience with the SOFI programmer, and they're telling you it's crap.

you could supply your 3v3 in a variety of ways, but the easiest is to let your raspberry pi do it, with a 2A power brick. they're a couple bucks online, or if you need one now, radioshack will sell it for $20.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4102 by MMCH
I have now bought a raspberry pi 3 :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #4104 by reverendalc

Who's Online

We have 269 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies