MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.7 13" Early 2015 2.7 GHz

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4388 by CygnusX1
Need a dump - 2015 - A1502 - MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.7 13" Early 2015 2.7 GHz Core i5 (I5-5257U)

Anyone!?

Thanks Guys!

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CygnusX1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4405 by reverendalc
hey dude, did you ever get this machine sorted?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4411 by CygnusX1

reverendalc wrote: hey dude, did you ever get this machine sorted?

No I haven't. I have two 2015 models acting the same way after reading, clearing the password, then flashing back. All I get is the fan running about 3/4 wide open.
The one Is a MBP A1502 and a MBA A1465. I have all the original dumps and even if I write them back the Mac's act the same way. I read the files three times for each machine and the checksum were the same for both units. I just don't get it. I know of noone else that has had a problem with the 2015's.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4415 by reverendalc

More
7 years 8 months ago #4419 by CygnusX1
That is why I was asking here. The one in the repo is an odd size.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4421 by reverendalc
I'm back home now now from vacation I think I saw one floating around when I was digging up a1502 schema. I'll double check when I get home from work.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4423 by CygnusX1

reverendalc wrote: I'm back home now now from vacation I think I saw one floating around when I was digging up a1502 schema. I'll double check when I get home from work.

Thank you buddy!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #4424 by zenelli

CygnusX1 wrote: Need a dump - 2015 - A1502 - MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.7 13" Early 2015 2.7 GHz Core i5 (I5-5257U)

Anyone!?

What's the EMC Number?
Thanks Guys!

More
7 years 8 months ago #4425 by zenelli

CygnusX1 wrote:

reverendalc wrote: hey dude, did you ever get this machine sorted?

No I haven't. I have two 2015 models acting the same way after reading, clearing the password, then flashing back. All I get is the fan running about 3/4 wide open.
The one Is a MBP A1502 and a MBA A1465. I have all the original dumps and even if I write them back the Mac's act the same way. I read the files three times for each machine and the checksum were the same for both units. I just don't get it. I know of noone else that has had a problem with the 2015's.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wich programmer you used?
and did you take the chip out the board?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4426 by CygnusX1
I used a Raspberry PI 3, 3.3v 2.4amp

I never take the chips off the board.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4429 by zenelli
So you used 2015 clip. what i have heard is only 2015 15 inch model works with this clip. the macbook air and pro 13 inch will not work and you will get corrupt readings. Therefor i Always unsolder the chip. my recommend is find New Efi dump unsolder the chip programmer it back

More
7 years 8 months ago #4434 by CygnusX1

zenelli wrote: So you used 2015 clip. what i have heard is only 2015 15 inch model works with this clip. the macbook air and pro 13 inch will not work and you will get corrupt readings. Therefor i Always unsolder the chip. my recommend is find New Efi dump unsolder the chip programmer it back

I guess that information was left out to me.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4435 by therealjayvi
@Zenelli which 2015 clip are you referring to? I like to think that I have seen quite a decent amount of different clips for all various models but I have never heard of nor encountered a single device that I have had to resort to removing the chip. I mean, mad props that you have the skill to be able to do so, because I know the only time I ever attempted to remove a chip I screwed it up so badly that I just threw the laptop away afterwards, and it was even just a Dell not even a Mac! But this is far from the case for any of the clips that I have ever seen or used or researched, but I would like to find out otherwise if you do have some research you'd like to provide on the topic, there is always more to be learned :)

@Cygnus I feel your pain bro, I'd be trippin with even a single 2015 out of commission, let alone two of them! Let me know the serials for the models that you need dumps for (I do not identify by the EMC nor the model number "A1XXX") because I have a few sources I may be able to search for a working .bin for you to try and use. I'm still stumped as to why they are just not working for you and I definitely don't want to have this get swept under the rug, I'd very much like to see this through to success!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4445 by CygnusX1

therealjayvi wrote: @Zenelli which 2015 clip are you referring to? I like to think that I have seen quite a decent amount of different clips for all various models but I have never heard of nor encountered a single device that I have had to resort to removing the chip. I mean, mad props that you have the skill to be able to do so, because I know the only time I ever attempted to remove a chip I screwed it up so badly that I just threw the laptop away afterwards, and it was even just a Dell not even a Mac! But this is far from the case for any of the clips that I have ever seen or used or researched, but I would like to find out otherwise if you do have some research you'd like to provide on the topic, there is always more to be learned :)

@Cygnus I feel your pain bro, I'd be trippin with even a single 2015 out of commission, let alone two of them! Let me know the serials for the models that you need dumps for (I do not identify by the EMC nor the model number "A1XXX") because I have a few sources I may be able to search for a working .bin for you to try and use. I'm still stumped as to why they are just not working for you and I definitely don't want to have this get swept under the rug, I'd very much like to see this through to success!

The MBA serial number is c02pj03jgl28 and the MBP serial number is c02pgb9yfvh3.

Any help would be great!

More
7 years 8 months ago #4450 by therealjayvi
I unfortunately wasn't able to to find any exact matching copies for your models, but I found some with the same EMC and/or Model number (A1***). I sent you a PM with links to the firmwares, hopefully maybe something helps! Also I was wondering about something...

You said you have the original copies of the firmware? Could you send me those dumps? And then also I was wondering if you could try something and send me dumps from the results afterwards. Erase the chip again, try rewriting the original back to it, then instantly take a copy of the chip at that point and send me a copy of it please. The goal behind this would be to maybe isolate the area inside the dump that is giving us trouble and maybe from there learn better as to why this issue is happening.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4476 by reverendalc
cygnus, please let me know if that dump i emailed you worked.

@zenelli, i can confirm that the clips do work on 2015, it just requires a different programming process.

we can all agree that the 2015+ models are a different animal, and to work on them w/o removing the chip is still somewhat experimental.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4479 by zenelli

therealjayvi wrote: @Zenelli which 2015 clip are you referring to? I like to think that I have seen quite a decent amount of different clips for all various models but I have never heard of nor encountered a single device that I have had to resort to removing the chip. I mean, mad props that you have the skill to be able to do so, because I know the only time I ever attempted to remove a chip I screwed it up so badly that I just threw the laptop away afterwards, and it was even just a Dell not even a Mac! But this is far from the case for any of the clips that I have ever seen or used or researched, but I would like to find out otherwise if you do have some research you'd like to provide on the topic, there is always more to be learned :)

I ment the clip from kadentech,
Surely it must work because tool from kadentech works also but need to know tip and tricks

More
7 years 8 months ago #4480 by zenelli

reverendalc wrote: cygnus, please let me know if that dump i emailed you worked.

@zenelli, i can confirm that the clips do work on 2015, it just requires a different programming process.

we can all agree that the 2015+ models are a different animal, and to work on them w/o removing the chip is still somewhat experimental.

Ok i will be gratefull if you have a solution for this clip

More
7 years 7 months ago #4483 by Zaya

CygnusX1 wrote: Need a dump - 2015 - A1502 - MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.7 13" Early 2015 2.7 GHz Core i5 (I5-5257U)

Anyone!?

Thanks Guys!

What clip do you use with the a1502?

More
7 years 7 months ago #4485 by CygnusX1

zenelli wrote:

reverendalc wrote: cygnus, please let me know if that dump i emailed you worked.

Ok i will be gratefull if you have a solution for this clip

No, it didn't work. No boot at all. What process do you use when you do the A1502?

Who's Online

We have 918 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies