13 inch MacBookPro8,1 - A1278 - EMC 2555

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
9 years 1 month ago #333 by atrocityg1
13 inch MacBookPro8,1 - A1278 - EMC 2555 core i7 2.8ghz.

have a rasp pi and pomona 5250 on its way from ebay. would like dump for that time. if i provide serial does anyone think they can provide this dump with my serial in place...im not trying to be lazy. but i dont have a clue about hex and i do not wanna break it. thanks also any help about how to set up the pi with raspbian and flash rom or at least a step in the right direction would be great....thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #335 by thaGH05T
All you have to do is load Rasbian on a SD card and boot to it. The pinout is shown in the tutorial along with everything else you need to tackle this project.

I don't seam to have the correct firmware, but I have the i5 version which will not work correctly for your MBP but it is Here .

The good news is I have a strong feeling I can modify your firmware if you dump it and upload it here. Either myself or Token.Paul can modify the firmware for you without you having to worry if it will work or not.

So when you get your stuff in please ask any questions you need and dump your firmware and then zip it up and upload it here for our review. It will also help the community here by making that specific firmware available to others.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by thaGH05T.

More
9 years 1 month ago #336 by thaGH05T
Also, please upload an avatar,come part of our community here at ghostlyhaks.com

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #350 by thaGH05T

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #372 by atrocityg1
It's here

Ok so I been up all night trying to figure out the clip I really truly don't get it k only got two 3.3v pins so even if I think I have all the rest right I have one wire left not connected to the gpio that is supposed to be 3.3v or 17.

Confused
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by atrocityg1.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #378 by thaGH05T
Connect all 3.3v pins to pin 17 on the Raspberry Pie. So the clip will connect 3 wires together to pin 17. Does that make more sense?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #379 by atrocityg1
Yes if I cut and splice them together ?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #380 by thaGH05T
Yes that will work.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #381 by atrocityg1
Thank you sir , so was the rest of my diagram understanding correct? Also I'll provide that dump soon as I believe it is. Thanks again for all you help I'll add avatar soon as well just been super busy

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #382 by thaGH05T
Yea I think so, I'm on my phone now but I'm pretty sure.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #384 by atrocityg1
ok pie up....typing this post from it...got plenty of work space, clip is def made right. now im just having trouble commenting out the spi in the config blacklist? or maybe with flash rom in general form the flashrom extracted folder in term i do the sudo make install thing but get an error and then the config file is blank with ~ tilde and nothing more when i do get it to open...so if you help me out with that i think i can get a proper dump tonight or very soon...also since the pi is a SPI can it be used in windows through the usb on my laptop...because i see flashrom there if so i think i could achive this much simpler.

anyways whatever i have to do im willing to try. thanks

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #385 by thaGH05T
Ok, I need you to be more specific on the error you are seeing. screenshots are always a plus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: atrocityg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #534 by atrocityg1
hello, made it a bit further. it wont read the chip when i do the spi dev read command...its a unknown chip type and then it aborts...but i notice my gold pin is a bit chipped off at the teeth on the #CS pin #1 , is there a way to fix this without buying a new clip or is it touching and im doing something wrong besides that....this is the closest i ever came. i know ive got to be right there. thanks for all your help your video is great.

More
8 years 10 months ago #547 by thaGH05T
Please post your pin-out and pictures of your current setup.

Who's Online

We have 530 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies