A1502 Mid-2014 serial problem

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4545 by weihao
Hello,
I have a problem,the Serial Number of my MacBook is show unavailable!
Can anybody help me to put the serial number into my dump?

My macbook is i7 3.0 13" Mid-2014 A1502 EMC 2875
And the SN is C02NW2R4G3QT

Thanks Guys!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by weihao.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4550 by therealjayvi
Use this guide for detailed instructions on how to fix your serial number problem. I have attached a copy of the Blank Board Serializer that you will need :)
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #4558 by weihao

therealjayvi wrote: Use this guide for detailed instructions on how to fix your serial number problem. I have attached a copy of the Blank Board Serializer that you will need :)

Hello therealjayvi~
this guide mentioned that

Will it work on my System?

MacBookAir 4,1 -- YES
MacBookPro 11,1 -- NO

My macbook(A1502 Mid-2014 ) ID is "MacBookPro 11,1"!!

Is BlankBoardSerializer can fix my serial number ?
Or other method can put the serial number into dump?

Thanks for your help!!

More
7 years 7 months ago #4565 by therealjayvi
I don't have very much experience with trying to edit the serial number inside of a hex dump, but I did attempt to learn to be able to help your situation. What I found out is that by opening up the bin with a hex editor there are multiple instances where the serial number could be found. What I did was search for "C02" (without quotes) because I know the majority of serial numbers all begin with it. I searched within other .bin files that I have saved and was able to actually successfully find the entire serial number contained in plain text, so obviously changing the serial number there would have done the trick. Unfortunately I did the same with the file you have provided and was unable to find it (probably because it just is not there altogether, which would explain why your MacBook is also having the same problem). I would suggest that you poke around inside of a hex editor and see if you can find the area where you'll need to insert the serial number. I know for SURE that it comes shortly after the $SVS area because all of the other files I looked into had their serials found there. If anybody else here has any insight as to the specific location inside the dump where to add the serial I am curious to know as well. I know it's not the help you're looking for but hopefully something comes from it, sorry I can't do more at this time :/ I'll keep looking into it for you though just give me a few more days, I've been crazy busy lately >.<

More
7 years 7 months ago #4569 by weihao

therealjayvi wrote: I don't have very much experience with trying to edit the serial number inside of a hex dump, but I did attempt to learn to be able to help your situation. What I found out is that by opening up the bin with a hex editor there are multiple instances where the serial number could be found. What I did was search for "C02" (without quotes) because I know the majority of serial numbers all begin with it. I searched within other .bin files that I have saved and was able to actually successfully find the entire serial number contained in plain text, so obviously changing the serial number there would have done the trick. Unfortunately I did the same with the file you have provided and was unable to find it (probably because it just is not there altogether, which would explain why your MacBook is also having the same problem). I would suggest that you poke around inside of a hex editor and see if you can find the area where you'll need to insert the serial number. I know for SURE that it comes shortly after the $SVS area because all of the other files I looked into had their serials found there. If anybody else here has any insight as to the specific location inside the dump where to add the serial I am curious to know as well. I know it's not the help you're looking for but hopefully something comes from it, sorry I can't do more at this time :/ I'll keep looking into it for you though just give me a few more days, I've been crazy busy lately >.<

OK,Thanks for your help!!

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4571 by mariob

weihao wrote:

therealjayvi wrote: I don't have very much experience with trying to edit the serial number inside of a hex dump, but I did attempt to learn to be able to help your situation. What I found out is that by opening up the bin with a hex editor there are multiple instances where the serial number could be found. What I did was search for "C02" (without quotes) because I know the majority of serial numbers all begin with it. I searched within other .bin files that I have saved and was able to actually successfully find the entire serial number contained in plain text, so obviously changing the serial number there would have done the trick. Unfortunately I did the same with the file you have provided and was unable to find it (probably because it just is not there altogether, which would explain why your MacBook is also having the same problem). I would suggest that you poke around inside of a hex editor and see if you can find the area where you'll need to insert the serial number. I know for SURE that it comes shortly after the $SVS area because all of the other files I looked into had their serials found there. If anybody else here has any insight as to the specific location inside the dump where to add the serial I am curious to know as well. I know it's not the help you're looking for but hopefully something comes from it, sorry I can't do more at this time :/ I'll keep looking into it for you though just give me a few more days, I've been crazy busy lately >.<

Hello friend, follow your rom corrected with the serial number of your Mac Pro Core i7

File Attachment:

File Name: read1.new-2.zip
File Size:4,427 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mariob.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4583 by weihao

mariob wrote:

Hello friend, follow your rom corrected with the serial number of your Mac Pro Core i7

File Attachment:

File Name: read1.new-2.zip
File Size:4,427 KB

Hi mariob~
Thank you for all your assistance!!
If I write back to macbook,I need reset NVRAM,right?

Thanks!!

More
7 years 7 months ago #4584 by mariob
Yes correct friend, you can reset NVRAM smoothly

More
7 years 7 months ago #4597 by weihao

mariob wrote: Yes correct friend, you can reset NVRAM smoothly

Hi mariob~
I have a big problem!!
After I write back to macbook,but I can't boot up macbook,the screen show nothing,and the green light of CapsLock is flashing!
It seems I write back to the chip unsuccessful,and I recive ERASE FAILED!
And I did not get a VERIFIED!
So how can I fix it?
Repeat the steps to Erase, Write, then Verify until I get a VERIFIED,is that?

Who's Online

We have 174 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies