MBA mid 2012 i5 A1466 EMC 2559 MD232LL corrupt EFI

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4560 by LatinMcG
for the life of me i cant find the MD232LL dump anywhere for board 820-3209-A
all i see is MD231 including in dloads here and flashed many and none work..

tried it with flashrom in linux and CH341A_spi and verified and no post.

all i did to corrupt it was plug in clip and i guess i had power cord on and it somehow corrupt
i found a description of a 2013 mbp that said
"Already mostly “hardened” security settings, including ability to change MAC address at each reboot, blocking USB and security flaws from hibernation start up, encrypted drive and prevention of debug dumping." engineers got :evil: with this one.. maybe new firmware was updated on it ?

i was thinking of paying $10 for vtoolfix
www.vtoolfix.com/threads/bios-apple.248

search in bin for hwd and see if this matches anything
C02###CZDRVD.hwc..DRVD.son..MD232LL.EOF

from 820-3209-A
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LatinMcG. Reason: oops not A1366

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4566 by therealjayvi
How do you know that for sure it is MD232LL that you need? The reason I ask is because I can't seem to find any evidence of the existence of MD232LL. I use the site www.everymac.com as my point of reference for any Apple product. I like it because you can search using any identifier number (serial, model, order, etc) and it will give you exact results. Upon searching for MD232LL it just redirects you to the MD231LL, which I also personally have flashed multiples of and have many copies of the firmware. I'm not too sure what exactly you are asking for exactly but let me know and I'll help you out as best I can :)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by therealjayvi. Reason: edited text

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4568 by LatinMcG
well i got black screen just by plugging in clip and power cord was on. made the dump redumped and reverified.
check your dump and mine in the hwd serial just past it says MD232LL while some says MD231LL
.its a custom config at sale time apparently from what i read it has the 256GB flash ssd.

so now im still black screen with all the flashes ive tried.. but fan does act different for different models that i flashed but no chime.

i think ive damaged some ic in board.

ive just received 2 MX25L6406EZNI-12G to try

heres the one that matches mine in hwc section
ghostlyhaks.com/forum/rom-eeprom-bios-efi-uefi/589-a1466-13-air-with-competitor-s-easy-flash#4441
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LatinMcG.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4726 by LatinMcG
turns out i found green testpoints near u9701 LP8550 = LED backlight chip got wet prior to me attempting backup.
im not responsible for the damage after all!

so the programming and clip worked fine on Ch341A with battery and power on off trickery.
Thanks to all that helped me doublecheck!

Who's Online

We have 268 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies