Imac 27 EMC 2429 Dump Request

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4649 by Roli
Hello , i just managed to destroy an efi chip and now i bought a new one ( blank one ) i need a dump file , and how can i add the original serial number to it ?

Model : A1312
EMC :2429
Proc.: Core i5 ( 2.7 GHZ )
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Roli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4651 by therealjayvi
Hey! I wanna thank you for asking this question! Without it I wouldn't have just found out something potentially big!

So I looked over multiple copies of dumps that I have taken from all various models (Macbook Pro/Air, iMac) and realized that while the serial number may not be always located at the exact same offset between models, it IS however located systematically in the exact same area of the dump throughout ANY mac device! So I am actually about to write up a guide detailing how you can go about finding the serial number inside of a dump file (even if you don't have one there to begin with!) You will have the answer to your question shortly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roli

More
7 years 7 months ago #4652 by Roli
Replied by Roli on topic Imac 27 EMC 2429 Dump Request
Hello and thank you for the quick awnser , can you provide me a dump for the i5 ( 2.7 GHZ ) ? I found on this website the one for i5 3.1 GHZ but i cannot find for the 3.1 GHZ , Thank you sir !

More
7 years 7 months ago #4653 by therealjayvi
But for a quick answer for now just search for the $SVS area inside of your EFI dump and then scroll up from there to find where you'll need to type the serial number in at. Typically $SVS is trailed by a decent chunk of ^^^^^^^ (or in HEX is FFFFFFFFF) which is further trailed by a little chunk of blank space (or in HEX is 000000000). Directly before the section of 000000000 is a couple lines of code. In some models you can identify you're looking at the correct section because it will say (in ASCII) "ssn" followed a little further by "son". Other models will say something like "base_14" followed by the serial number. This is the area where you'll GENERALLY find where the serial number needs to go.

DISCLAIMER
THIS IS FAR FROM GOOD OR EVEN FINISHED RESEARCH, ANYBODY USING THIS ADVICE USES IT AS SUCH, ADVICE!

But its at least a start ;)

Reference some other similar style dumps you can find in the repository to get an example of what I'm talking about and you'll see what I mean :)

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4654 by CygnusX1

therealjayvi wrote: But for a quick answer for now just search for the $SVS area inside of your EFI dump and then scroll up from there to find where you'll need to type the serial number in at. Typically $SVS is trailed by a decent chunk of ^^^^^^^ (or in HEX is FFFFFFFFF) which is further trailed by a little chunk of blank space (or in HEX is 000000000). Directly before the section of 000000000 is a couple lines of code. In some models you can identify you're looking at the correct section because it will say (in ASCII) "ssn" followed a little further by "son". Other models will say something like "base_14" followed by the serial number. This is the area where you'll GENERALLY find where the serial number needs to go.

DISCLAIMER
THIS IS FAR FROM GOOD OR EVEN FINISHED RESEARCH, ANYBODY USING THIS ADVICE USES IT AS SUCH, ADVICE!

But its at least a start ;)
Reference some other similar style dumps you can find in the repository to get an example of what I'm talking about and you'll see what I mean :)

I just do a search for "hwc" and the serial number will be to the left of that search. Hit the F3 key until you find it.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by CygnusX1.

Who's Online

We have 354 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies