Clean EFI dump for 15 MBP 2.2 i7 Early 2011

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 4 months ago #5311 by applebumpers
MacBook Pro Core i7 2.2 15 Early 2011 EMC - 2353-1*

Hello, could you please help me with a clean dump for the model above? I don't have the original locked dump, the efi was flashed with the 2Ghz i7 version and the laptop is not performing very well, kernel_task takes up to 300% of the processor speed.

15" Macbook Pro Early 2011 - 2,2Ghz i7, AMD 6750M with 1GB video ram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5322 by reverendalc
Have you tried forcing the firmware update from the Apple website? That will resolve management engine issues.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5324 by applebumpers
I installed the firmware update normally, not forcing anything, I downloaded it and installed it on 10.9.5 and it gave me no errors. How should I install it ? Thank you for your answer.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5325 by reverendalc
Oh. Typically when you have the "current" but wrong firmware or wrong ME, it won't allow firmware update. If you had older firmware and it allowed update then there's nothing to force. Did you manually choose the firmware revision?

Doublecheck if the firmware update bundled with macOS Sierra is the same as the update you've installed, and if not you can try updating the OS and receiving the accompanying firmware. I know that every mac I flip, even the ones with Yosemite or El Capitan, they do a firmware update when I load sierra.

Otherwise you can use rEFInd or the like to load an EFI shell and do it that way.

I am just getting home so I can look around for a 2.2ghz dump tho.

If you find yourself doing this often, it's worth figuring out how to solve it without the necessary bios dump as certain models can be tricky to come by.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5345 by applebumpers
I installed Sierra, even reinstalled the 10.12.1 combo update and still no luck. Looking on the Apple site support.apple.com/ro-ro/HT201518 the latest firmware is different from what I have now installed on this machine. I don't know how to force update the firmware, could you please give me some directions? Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

More
More
7 years 4 months ago #5347 by applebumpers
Thank you for the answer. I tried that, extracted the .scap file, didn't worked out with the bless comand. I tried putting the .scap file in EFI/EFI/APPLE/FIRMWARE, still no luck. The EFI remains the same, no update is performing. I'm reinstalling 10.8 Mountain Lion, maybe this way I can get an update for EFI.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5348 by applebumpers
Could I force the update from Refit shell?

More
7 years 4 months ago #5349 by reverendalc
yes, refit or the newer refind was my next suggestion

More
More
7 years 4 months ago #5366 by applebumpers
Hello again, I tried pretty much everything I found on the web, no joy. I was hoping someone had a clean dump for that model, please let me know if that's the case. Until then I've put the laptop aside.

Thank you again for your answers.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5421 by reverendalc
here is the cleaned repo dump. i added the serial# C02FN5LFDF91 which is an early 2011 mbp15 i worked on a few years ago lol. i used to snatch debugs to get a copy of MLB and ROM to get working iMessage on hackintoshes i built.

regrettably it's the 2.0ghz model but give it a whirl. it is the correct size 8388608

also if you send me your board number i'll try to find an internet dump for you.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6211 by Fullylit
I think I can help you out with that dump if your still working on that, it might require putting up with a few newbish questions tho

More
6 years 2 months ago #9294 by fuse_fuse
Can you post your dump here.
Thank you

Who's Online

We have 569 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies