2012 MBP

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 months ago #5975 by SomeGuy
2012 MBP was created by SomeGuy
I am new to reading efi chips i was able to read the chip but when i searched for $SVS i only see 4 Characters i am confused on what to do?? Is it possible to rever engineer my dump file and then i just write the clean dump back to chip??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5977 by SargFowler
Replied by SargFowler on topic 2012 MBP
What is it you're trying to do? I'm presuming you want to remove the EFI password?

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5980 by SomeGuy
Replied by SomeGuy on topic 2012 MBP
Exactly well what i done was make me a copy of my locked bin dump so in case i messed up the efi i could just reinstall it. Good thing i did because i went and dl'd the one on here the clean dump i changed the model to sn and erased some Y's to get it the same exact amount then i wrote it back to efi chip. Turned on mac and the screen wouldn't light up so i started to freak out then i decided to write the locked dump back to it and boom it came on screen lit up like it was supposed to. How am i suppose to write this dump back so that it will be unlocked. "My first time" Thanks for any help
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by SomeGuy.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5982 by SomeGuy
I need someones help every time i alter the clean dump file and load it the macbook screen never comes on then i have to put my original locked dump file back on it then macbook starts right up. I tried replacing just the serial number like putting it in the model location.. i tried removing Y's i don't know does it matter where i remove them from?? i tried removing them after the $svs i tried so many things and for some reason it won't accept any of the efi bin dumps that i have used. I know i am close i just don't know what i am doing wrong. I tried to upload my dirty bin but it wont let me do it on it keeps saying error

More
7 years 3 months ago #5983 by SomeGuy
Here is my dirty bin for my locked mac can someone help me??
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #5985 by SargFowler
Replied by SargFowler on topic 2012 MBP
Try this. I've replaced all chars between $SVS with 0xFF.
Make sure you have the verify option to make sure it's written back OK.
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5992 by negon
Replied by negon on topic 2012 MBP
Did you follow the tutorial here for removing the EFI password from your bin?

Try using this video starting at 5:12:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by negon.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5996 by reverendalc
Replied by reverendalc on topic 2012 MBP
LOL. the dumps in the repo already have password removed. simply replace <Model-Number> with your serial and flash. A locked dump will have more than one instance of $SVS. In a locked dump, the first instance is the EFI password. In an unlocked dump, the remaining instances will ruin your firmware if you modify them.

if size isn't 8388608, delete file, redownload, and start over!

EDIT://
The file should be 8388608 AFTER replacing <Model-Number> with your serial. Your modern mac serial will be 12 characters, and the <Model-Number> text is 14 characters. This replacement is easier done in a text editor than a hex editor as most hex editors will not want to change the total bin size. I notice in iHex if i copy&paste the serial while I have the entire <Model-Number> string selected, it only replaces the first 12 characters leaving r> appended to the serial.

Removing any zeroes from the end of the firmware will result in bad offsets anywhere after the $SVS string.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 3 months ago #6000 by SomeGuy
"Special thanks to Reverendalc for fixing my dump so I could just flash it back. It was my first time now I got a 2014 MBA that I need them flash and then on to looking for more macs to fix and flip... thanks everything me for the guidance and to all who answered and also made me clean dumps

More
7 years 3 months ago #6001 by reverendalc
Replied by reverendalc on topic 2012 MBP
Happy to help.

Even though you're not sporting GH equipment yet, you may still have some useful info to post here:

ghostlyhaks.com/forum/efi-destroyer-lite/711-post-your-successful-flash-environments-here

Who's Online

We have 185 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies