Macbook Pro late 2011 Dump request and Datasheet

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 11 months ago #475 by whitestar7_2015
Hello all, I am really new to all this and need alot of help :-/ But I am gonna try all the same
I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro
Model: A1286
EMC: 2353
Proc.: Intel Core i7

Could I get the dump for this and also where could I get the datasheet from(is the datasheet the same as the full technical specs)? I used a program called Mactracker to get the processor information using my mac serial number

thankyou for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #476 by whitestar7_2015
okay so after some digging around I have found my chip it is

ATMEL1106
45DB021D
SSH

It looks like it is supported by Flashrom and I have found my datasheet too

problem I have right now is that I am using a Mac to do the work on, so I am running NotePad++ and trying to use FlashRom on a virtual PC, will this pose any problems?
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago #477 by BURD
Not sure of it will cause problems, but since you are on an intel machine, why not bootcamp or boot linux on it directly? Unless you are ok via virtual PC then you should be ok.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #478 by whitestar7_2015
Cool, will give it a go on virtual box first, just want to make sure, I am suppose to run flashrom on my computer which is connected to the bus pirate and the chip?

Ps: Been trying to install flashrom on my computer without much joy, anyone know a link which gives a noob like me a chance?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by whitestar7_2015.

More
8 years 11 months ago #479 by thaGH05T

whitestar7_2015 wrote: Cool, will give it a go on virtual box first, just want to make sure, I am suppose to run flashrom on my computer which is connected to the bus pirate and the chip?

Ps: Been trying to install flashrom on my computer without much joy, anyone know a link which gives a noob like me a chance?

OK, flashrom is by far easiest on a linux box, but if you go HERE you will find the info you need to make the install on your Mac. Afterwords you can just follow my tutorial.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #480 by whitestar7_2015
okay, just as an FYI for anyone else, had a lot of trouble installing FlashRom on MacOS X, but using Virtual Box and an installation of Ubuntu I have managed to get it running, next step is to connect the Bus Pirate and chip,

Can someone tell me how my chip will connect to the Bus pirate and also I still need a clean dump for this though too, so please do let me know if you have one.

Thankyou

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #481 by token.paul
Which MacOS X version you are use?
I don't tested full process circle under MacOS but I have a compile 'flashrom' and seems it works. However, 'flashrom' doing strange things sometimes, for example on my EMC2428 working under MacOS X 10.10 system always crashed but under 10.6 works fine, old time compiled DirectHW fail to load under 10.10 but recompiled from same sources will work...
Look at attached archive 'flashrom' executable and DirectHW driver inside. To run it you need:
1. Load OS kernel in KEXT Developer mode. 'kext-dev-mode=1'
2. Make sure that permissions for DirectHW.kext is correct. ( 'chown -R root:wheel DirectHW.kext' and 'chmod -R 755 DirectHW.kext')
3. Load DirectHW before 'flashrom' start.

UPD:
If you are using Bus Pirate you don't need to load DirectHW.kext. This driver is used for internal flash programmer only. So, you need to connect a programmer to your Mac, make sure that Bus Pirate device appeared in /dev and run 'flashrom -p buspirate_spi:dev=/dev/<Bus Pirate device>'. If all is ok, you should see successful initialization of a programmer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by token.paul. Reason: difference between internal and external programmers
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T

More
8 years 11 months ago #482 by thaGH05T
I may have your ROM but I need to know what mhz your processor is. I know its a core i7 but the mhz matters as well. Also the BP pinout is really simple I can help you with that. When you do get your ROM dumped please post it here so we can review it as well. I may be able to modify it for you.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #483 by whitestar7_2015
Thanku, processor is 2ghz. I am gonna give this a go tomorrow if you can help then it would be great and i will upload the dump too

More
8 years 11 months ago #484 by whitestar7_2015
attached is the pic of my chip
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago #485 by thaGH05T
MacBook Pro Core i7 2.0 15 Early 2011 should be your model, and I have your ROM.

More
8 years 11 months ago #489 by whitestar7_2015
Hello all, well after ALOT of help from Gho5t last night till 5am london time! I have a few pics which should make the whole thing abit clearer. It appears there was a 2nd 8-pin SOIC chip hiding on the underside of the board, I am uploading all the pics here, I am gonna try and read the chip myself, but your continued help is appreciated.

More
8 years 10 months ago #490 by token.paul
MX25L6406EM2I12G 64M-BIT CMOS SERIAL FLASH. 8 Mbytes flash... seems like it that you need.
I had a suspicion that your computer may have a different configuration, since EMC: 2353 was released in 2010. EFI password can be easy decrypted for old firmwares.
But 8 Mbytes flash indicates the modern EFI protection.
Waiting for dump...

More
8 years 10 months ago #492 by whitestar7_2015
So thanks to Gho5t and Token Paul, I now have a MBP totally unlocked and with a fresh install on it.
I have learnt a hell of a lot from this, and a lot to digest, I will uploading stuff over the next few days, right now my brain hurts! :-)

MASSIVE Thankyou to Gho5t and TokenPaul for their patience and time, these guys are legends!

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #516 by whitestar7_2015
Hey all, so attached is the dump, I have made a little donation to the site and ask others who find it helpful to do the same, without the help of Gho5t or TokenPaul, I wouldnt be able to have unlocked my MBP, extremely grateful for their patience and help.

One thing i have noticed from when I put the Mac back together is that the keyboard lights are no longer working, I am guessing I have missed a cable somewhere, the only one I could see that I might have missed is attached, if anyone recognises what I need to do would be cool, but I will probably move this to another board if needed.

anyways, thanks again all, and to this awesome site!!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by whitestar7_2015.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #521 by thaGH05T
Thanks for the kind words and your contribution. Try forcing a firmware and smc upgrade. That may resolve the issue if it is not a loose wire.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by thaGH05T.

More
8 years 10 months ago #610 by 5canDinavi0
hey all,
following what whitestar did i pulled my logicboard on late 2011 15" and the chip is different on the back

_______
25q064a
13e40
99 CHN
______

that's the chip in the same place as the one whitestar documented in photos. so my question is (maybe more of a statement): this is a different chip. do you know what chip this is and etc etc etc?

thanks!
5c

More
8 years 10 months ago #611 by whitestar7_2015
Hey there, upload a pic of the chip you have mentioned

More
8 years 10 months ago #616 by 5canDinavi0
yes! attached... thanks!

Attachments:

More
8 years 10 months ago #617 by token.paul
Is a 64Mbit flash. Vendor is Micron. Whitestar has chip with same size but his chip made by Macronix. So, label is little different.
Anyways, both chips is are 8Mbytes flash chips. Data sheet for your is here: pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/585938/MICRON/N25Q064A.html

Who's Online

We have 587 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies