MACBOOK PRO A1502 EMC2835 RASPBERRY PI?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #7765 by thecheekymonkey
Hello again, managed to get hold of a macbook pro that is firmware locked. I have done a 27" imac before using a soic clip and raspberry . i have disassembled the macbook and gotten the mainboard out. i am wondering now which way is the best way to attacked this.

can i still dump the efi using the raspberry pi? can i do this in system? can i use the clip oint on the topside of the board? and can i solder wires directly to the pads at the side of the chip or do i NEED to remove the chip to dump / reprogram?

if i need another programmer / clip anyone got a direct link to one (im in UK)

thanks in advance

thank you.

A1502 EMC2835
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

ebay image hosting
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by thecheekymonkey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #7818 by XLxLxOxRxTx
I just unlock that version yesterday! It took some reading to do, but I finally got it. The trick was to read and write while holding down the power button. Boot the mac on, wait for the fan to start spinning, then hold and don't release the power button. From there, you will be able to read and write. Here is a list of all the gear that I used:

1. Raspberry Pi v3
2. Chipmunk Easy Flash A4043
3. Chipmunk Easy Flash A4053

Number 2 and 3 connect together. ONLY hook up MOSI, CLK, HOLD, GND, MISO and CS to the Pi. Make sure that HOLD is connected to the 3.3v pin on the Pi. Make sure to have 2a power to the Pi. Let me know if you need more help, or to explain anything in more detail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyber16, KingBonecrusher, thecheekymonkey

More
6 years 7 months ago #7821 by cyber16

The trick was to read and write while holding down the power button. Boot the mac on, wait for the fan to start spinning, then hold and don't release the power button. From there, you will be able to read and write.

This is actually a great idea/approach that should work better than powering up to lock screen and closing lid.
Your contribution is well received
The following user(s) said Thank You: thecheekymonkey

More
6 years 7 months ago #7843 by thecheekymonkey

XLxLxOxRxTx wrote: I just unlock that version yesterday! It took some reading to do, but I finally got it. The trick was to read and write while holding down the power button. Boot the mac on, wait for the fan to start spinning, then hold and don't release the power button. From there, you will be able to read and write. Here is a list of all the gear that I used:

1. Raspberry Pi v3
2. Chipmunk Easy Flash A4043
3. Chipmunk Easy Flash A4053

Number 2 and 3 connect together. ONLY hook up MOSI, CLK, HOLD, GND, MISO and CS to the Pi. Make sure that HOLD is connected to the 3.3v pin on the Pi. Make sure to have 2a power to the Pi. Let me know if you need more help, or to explain anything in more detail.

HI and thanks for the reply. Unfortunatley i couldnt get hold of my raspberry pi in time, and couldnt find an sd card big enough despite having millions somewhere. Anyway long story short, i have sofi sp8 (a version) programmer, i innitially tried reading it in system without using any sort of power source, by solder wires to the pads / legs of the chip (yes it was the surface mount winbond chip but i could still manage to get a bead on all eith points, but this didnt work, so i simply got the trusty hot air station out of storage, dropped the chip off the board cobbled together a makeshift pogo pin / wire contraption to solder the leg to so i could put it in the programmer, read the chip 3 times without any issue one i had chosen the correct chip type in the flypro software, edited out the $SVS section using a hex editor, made sure that the file size was exactly the same size as original, cleaned all the pads up and chip, reworked the chip back on with the reflow station, reassembled and everything worked 100% spot on. im actually using my new macbook pro now as we speak. sorry about the late reply, i just like to reply any threads started as its good info to look backon and also gives back to the comunity. I would of used the raspberry pi had i of found an adequatley sized micro sd card but needless to say , although a little more riskier (im a dab hand with the soldering iron / rework station) the sofi programmer worked a treat without any issue.

thanks again to this forum and member input!!

More
6 years 7 months ago #7844 by thecheekymonkey

More
6 years 7 months ago #7845 by thecheekymonkey

Who's Online

We have 1342 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies