2016 A1706

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 6 months ago #8426 by CygnusX1
2016 A1706 was created by CygnusX1
Has anyone had any luck unlocking the A1706 and if so what did you use and what steps did you take?

Thanks!

CygnusX1

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #8456 by
Did you have any joy with this Cygnus? Asking as I have a A1708 to look at and I use a pi for reads and writes

More
6 years 6 months ago #8467 by CygnusX1
Replied by CygnusX1 on topic 2016 A1706
No luck at all. I cannot get the PI to detect the chip at all. I need to get this Mac unlocked in a bad way. :(

More
6 years 6 months ago #8566 by
I got the A1708 done with Pi and the header clip I bought from this group. Battery attached had dumps no problem and write with no issues!

More
6 years 6 months ago #8569 by CygnusX1
I have a new bios chip I am going to put to the board. This will also change the serial number as well. :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #8701 by mazoot
Replied by mazoot on topic 2016 A1706
you must have a dump from motherboard,and then clean the password ...

More
6 years 5 months ago #8704 by CygnusX1
I didn't need to do either of those things. :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #9473 by Ghost3DO
Replied by Ghost3DO on topic 2016 A1706
Hello i read one machine today.
i think hirose 12 have diferent pinout.
but i can confirm tomorow. now need to sleep :)

More
5 years 11 months ago #9783 by InDustWeTrust
Replied by InDustWeTrust on topic 2016 A1706
I hve an A1706 Mid 2017 that needs to be unlocked. I managed to read the chip, using the clip purchased on this site. I can not read on it, gives error. I had to keep the power button pressed to be able to read the chip. Read was ok, then I edited the file, can not write to the chip though. Any advise?

I´m using the usual ebay sofi programmer that I have always used, but also always gives me problem regarding energy to be able to write on chips. Any tips also on how to properly provide the power when read/writting chips? Because that is always my only issue when doing these tasks... THANKS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sdpctek

More
5 years 11 months ago #9787 by Ghost3DO
Replied by Ghost3DO on topic 2016 A1706
To write. Pinout is diferente... buy chipmunk hirose adapter.

More
5 years 11 months ago #9788 by InDustWeTrust
What do you mean with "pinout is different"? could you please explain the differences for writting than for reading? I could read perfectly, I think it's a problem with voltage. I´m using the mini-pro programmer, the TL866. Maybe if I swith to a SOFI 8 it will work...

What's the exact chip in this machine? mi programmer software once it reads the chip ID it identifies it as a macronix, but don't know which is exactly from all those... is it 1.7V or is it a 3.3V?

More
5 years 2 months ago #10985 by santoslao
Replied by santoslao on topic 2016 A1706

InDustWeTrust wrote: What do you mean with "pinout is different"? could you please explain the differences for writting than for reading? I could read perfectly, I think it's a problem with voltage. I´m using the mini-pro programmer, the TL866. Maybe if I swith to a SOFI 8 it will work...

What's the exact chip in this machine? mi programmer software once it reads the chip ID it identifies it as a macronix, but don't know which is exactly from all those... is it 1.7V or is it a 3.3V?

Oi você conseguiu ler? Eu tenho um A1706 e eu não posso ler com TL866 também? Você conseguiu? Pode me ajudar?

More
4 years 8 months ago #11477 by InDustWeTrust
any news on this topic? I can't remember if last time I managed. Will try again with another machine from same year. I think pre pram reset is needed, and also battery full charged, will try again, but any tip is welcome, thanks!!

More
4 years 1 month ago #11868 by Damirp789
Replied by Damirp789 on topic 2016 A1706
Buddy I can relate. I did dump the code from the EFI chip (model I have A1706_EMC_3163  820-00923-A (2017 model).  I thought I did.....was using IPBox 2 (I bought the box to reprogram BGA nand chips for iphones etc.  But it does have  a SPI board and software,,,must have been a bug in the software cause it only read the first 4mb (as u know the winbond chips are 8mb). Now that basically made a simple task into a huge task.   Because I lost the Intel ME information, so learnt everything I could about ME.  Grabbed a clean unlock EFI Bios of the web which by then I knew how to changed the serial# etc. Flashed back to chip installed, PRAM reset.....now it took a little while before a saw the apple logo but I knew the display was running because I could make out the backlight.
Also I used a raspberry pi to do all the flashing...not a problem at all.  

Lesson: Make sure you make 2 or 3 backups or the original chip. 

More
4 years 1 month ago #11869 by Damirp789
Replied by Damirp789 on topic 2016 A1706
Also I eventually bought the unlocked chip of ebay for about 35 dollars aand they'll programm your serial number.  In fact you dont need a serial number.  But I fixed the mac a week before i got the chip.

Who's Online

We have 375 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies