MacBook 12 A1534 EMC 2991

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 6 months ago #8609 by cyber16
Replied by cyber16 on topic MacBook 12 A1534 EMC 2991
No need to spam multiple threads with your dump,
Your dump is INVALID, zipped it should be near 4mb unzipped 8mb
It's not a clean nor complete dump, try again

faridmax wrote: i have read the chip Winbond W25Q64FV [TFBGA24] successfully but in Binary file can't find $SVS to clean it :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #8655 by dam1inc
Replied by dam1inc on topic MacBook 12 A1534 EMC 2991
Thought I'd share this small finding, maybe it helps with someone....820-00244-A comes with either MX25L6435E or W25Q64FV, sooo the W25Q64FV is very easy to read/erase/write but the MX25L6435E is very difficult and so i notice all those that have trouble is because they device have MX25L6435E and all that say easy because they devicce have W25Q64FV...also both chips are soldered to the board differently, see pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

More
6 years 5 months ago #8867 by zgjana
Replied by zgjana on topic MacBook 12 A1534 EMC 2991
hi friends, i have efi destroyer , and i try to unlock this macbook a1534 emc2991 , but as no info is around on which way is to connect the esyflash connector, so if you connect it at the wrong way, dont worry you will not destroy the macbook, it will not turn on, but when i connect it at the right way, it find the chip, and it seem to unlock it, but it flash only ones at the blue light and after that it shotdown , so if you my friend do you know a way in which state power the WREN is removed please help me or help us, but i,m affraid cause maybe this chip is same as m35080vp which is with incremental registery, which mean, it can be writen with the same readed dump, but can,t modified it

reverendalc wrote: you can use an adapter clip, or you can connect wires yourself.
instead of soldering directly to board, try soldering wires to sewing needles, and using temporary adhesive to hold sewing needles in contact with EFI chip.

there are TWO SPI ROMS available via the debug header. there was some confusion. thanks to mariob, it is clear:

the SSDROM is 1.8v
the EFIROM is 3.3v

reading (and not being able to write) is due to WREN not being set. it's currently not possible to set WREN with raspberry pi, so you'll have to find a power state of the MacBook where the chip is powered, WREN is set, and the chip is not locked by another transaction

Who's Online

We have 736 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies