MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.6 13" EFI Password

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 10 months ago #653 by defiantdadeo
I have an MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.6 13" (Early 2015) Model A1466 EMC 2925, Is it possible to reset this password? Dump and reload the EFI? Would I need rasperry and when is your connector available ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #654 by token.paul
It dependent on your Mac current state. If it bootable you have a chance to reset password without Raspberry, if not (damaged internal HD or question sign in folder icon) you have to dump and write firmware back with external programmer like raspberry.

More
8 years 10 months ago #656 by defiantdadeo
It boots and says 'wrong password' forever, or I can get it to boot with the lock and a place to enter a password.

More
8 years 10 months ago #657 by token.paul
Ok. Next question is can you get SSD from this machine and attach in to another with USB adapter?

More
8 years 10 months ago #667 by defiantdadeo
Yes, I can do that today after work. Am I just checking to see if the HDD is locked or ?

More
8 years 10 months ago #668 by token.paul
Read this: www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/rom-eeprom-bios-efi-uefi/65-icloud-wipeout-and-admin-access-on-efi-locked-mac

You can use Single user Mode trick for getting admin access. You need to replace or edit com.apple.Boot.plist file on the HDD and Mac will boot into Single user mode.
Add an admin user and get an access to the OS. EFI password will still at place but you will control the machine. After you did that step we can continue with EFI password.

More
8 years 10 months ago #679 by thaGH05T
I think it is worth noting that this is a circumvention method and does not remove the EFI password. just don't want you to wonder why the EFI lock is still there after reinstall or after you change the admin pass.

More
8 years 10 months ago #684 by defiantdadeo
Sorry, I'm in the process of getting a usb adapter for the ssd. Will the circumvention method allow me to login to the machine. As of now I don't even get a chance to enter a password it is stuck in a "Wrong Password" loop countdown. Anything else I try to do brings me to the screen with a lock and a place to enter a password.

More
8 years 10 months ago #693 by token.paul
While you in getting usb adapter process I think I have time to check one approach for EFI password which can rid off it without external programmer.
Unfortunately I locked in my lifecycle and can do some things in the restricted time windows. My next free time window planned at begin of July but... want to see the laughing god? tell him your plans :) Anyways, if I can't do it myself I can tell you how it can be done.

More
8 years 10 months ago #697 by thaGH05T
I would be interested in knowing what can be tried as well.

More
8 years 9 months ago #738 by defiantdadeo
What approach, and when would you have time? Also does anyone know where I can get an 2015 MBA SSD to USB reader? All I can find is 2012 or older...

More
8 years 9 months ago #739 by thaGH05T
I am sure token.paul will get back to you on the method, but as far as the reader goes, there is only one kind available that I have seen and it is over $100

More
8 years 9 months ago #747 by token.paul
We had little discussion about SSD used in new Macs here: www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/rom-eeprom-bios-efi-uefi/115-adapter-for-mba-2013-12-16-moved
Currently you have not so much options. Or pretty expensive USB adapter OR cheap PCIe card for desktop PC.

The approach for EFI password cleaning based on EFI Shell operations. Firmware can be patched with 'fpt.efi' (intel developers tool). We can't write to firmware chip directly from the OS. Area with password covered by lockdown but lockdowns applies only on OS level, at least I not found them on EFI level. And this guessing should be checked.

More
8 years 9 months ago #749 by thaGH05T
I may have to purchase a reader for later models and try to create a reader. It seams straight forward, but I could be wrong. This is added to my to-do list, I will add a project page for it on the new site likely.

More
8 years 8 months ago #925 by defiantdadeo
So I was able to get an SSD reader for this machine. I tried reinstalling the OS on the SSD from another machine to no avail. All I get when the SSD is put back into the machine is the folder with an ? on it, like it can't find the os or read the drive. I have tried booting from a USB or USB DVD, but it doesn't like it. When I hold option to load the startup manager, or try to use almost any other startup keys I get the lock with a place for the password. Any Ideas? Thanks.

More
8 years 8 months ago #926 by thaGH05T
You were supposed to follow token.paul's tutorial for circumvention. Instead you tried to reinstall. So now you have to remove the efi password by flashing the chip.

More
8 years 8 months ago #927 by defiantdadeo
Damn damn double damn. So, with your clip that's now available and rasperry is it possible to flash the chip on this model?

More
8 years 8 months ago #928 by thaGH05T

More
8 years 8 months ago #929 by defiantdadeo
I will be ordering the clip tomorrow, do you know the best place to purchase the adapter, and the best adapter for this? Ebay?

More
8 years 8 months ago #930 by thaGH05T
What adapter are you referring to

Who's Online

We have 721 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies