anybody made a 'matt card'? *read me* cmi zapper

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #9652 by neighborhoodguy
Hi Folks!

So, every now and then I've erased a chip during unlocking, and something happened, and I was then unable to write back to the chip... And then I had to remove the chip, etc....

Has anybody worked out how to use the debug socket to boot from a second bios chip?

Like the CMIZapper Matt card thingy?

My usual process it to power on the mac, then hold the power button down to shut it off and I keep it held down - this works with most efi unlocks Ive done and keeps the machine in the right power state to make writing to the eeprom work easily... then I just dump and reqwrite, and I'm good.

However from time to time something happens and I loose communication with the chip,....

So, I know some of you smart folk have had this problem before, is anyone else interested in making an alternate boot device clip?

It seems like it shouldnt be too difficult, I mean, theres a company selling these already.... and we have the schematics...

any thoughts on what to do to avoid having to solder after you erase the eeprom and loose contact?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 1093 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies