Macbook Air A1465 EFI problems

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 6 months ago #1656 by CygnusX1
I have a Macbook Air
I7 1.7 11" mid 2013
Model A1465 (EMC 2631)

I read it with the MBA clip, searched for the $svs and cleared the section out with the fill option.
Now when it starts I get nothing on the screen and the cooling fan will run at half speed and it will start and stop. Hitting the power button won't stop it either. I have to unplug the battery to shut it down. Also, it seems like the logic board starts to heat up. I wrote the original dump back with the same outcome.
Any ideas guys?!

Thanks!

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1657 by zenelli

CygnusX1 wrote: I have a Macbook Air
I7 1.7 11" mid 2013
Model A1465 (EMC 2631)

I read it with the MBA clip, searched for the $svs and cleared the section out with the fill option.
Now when it starts I get nothing on the screen and the cooling fan will run at half speed and it will start and stop. Hitting the power button won't stop it either. I have to unplug the battery to shut it down. Also, it seems like the logic board starts to heat up. I wrote the original dump back with the same outcome.
Any ideas guys?!

Thanks!

Before you flashed the bios the mac was working good right?
then I think the flash went wrong the bios is now corrupt also your backup is corrupt because not good read.
best way is find another bios dump write your own serial number and flash it
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 6 months ago #1662 by CygnusX1
I have a request in for a clean dump but no joy. :(

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 6 months ago #1703 by thaGH05T
You can order a preflashed chip from one of the guys on ebay and you can read the firmware from it and back to your chip with no soldering necessary. You can actually have them send you the bin file itself if you ask after you order. I hate to recommend this but its a desperate situation, and its only $30 bucks. remember to drop it here for future users!

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies