efi password removal

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 6 months ago #10636 by bangash
efi password removal was created by bangash
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can help me. I was a victim of being hacked and I ended up changing passwords on my accounts as well as the EFI password.
It was as all ok for long time until one day I wanted to boot from usb and I ended up changing startup disk in mac. When my mac rebooted it was asking for efi password which I unfortunately cant remember. I have tried many combinations that I could think was but nothing works. Now the trouble is that I cant even boot into Mac. then minute u switch it on its asking for efi password.
I read many forums that there is no way i can get rid of this pass , its only possible 2 ways, one is through apple and 2nd is through a cable/programmer.
my mac model is MacBook Air 2013 A1466 13inch(820-3437-B). I bought it from a friend of mine, when i took it to apple shop in UK they were asking for proof of purchasse. I ended up contacted my friend but he told me that he has moved on from his old address and plus the fact he bought it from shop and dont have any receipt. He can get all this stuff but it will take time by contacting back his bank and to send him his old address proof and then going to that shop and get me proof which is going to be a problem, not just that Apple told me that the person who bought this laptop will have to come by himself....
I then ended up buying CH341A pro programmer along with pomona clip but it was no use as the bios chip is different and i need a Easy Flash Adapter v4.0.2 clip to fit into that port.
can any one guide me in the right directions. I am looking at the stock level of this flash adapter which is out of stock. it will be helpful if anyone can tell me the pin numbers so i can soldered it and do it that way.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10637 by bangash
Replied by bangash on topic efi password removal
its MacBook Air 2013 A1466 13inch(820-3437-bee) I think it got replaced by this icon B

More
5 years 6 months ago #10638 by bangash
Replied by bangash on topic efi password removal
MacBook Air 2013 A1466 13inch(820-3437-B

Who's Online

We have 387 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies