Mac Book Pro 13" late 2011 new EFI security,Help!!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2502 by thomkat
Good Evening Everyone
My wife got me a mac book pro 13" a few years ago and never had any issue .I decide to do some upgrade on the hard drive from 350gb to 1t to do a fresh install.
As i open the bottom and change the hard drive , insert the ox install al restart it to install .
i got to the lock and stock there .i try to re install the other hard drive but now i get the some error .
I have been looking every post that i can find and not much help in my problem
so i have a Mac Book pro (13 inch ,early 2011 )
serial if that help to identify the unit C02GG00BDT65 2419

So far what i have done is :
1-i want to apple store and told me because i dont have the receipt ,that they cant help me at all and it s junk
2- -try to boot it in recovery mode = command + r , not working
3-safe mode =shift key after the logo , not working
4-Flash the ram comand +option +P +R ,not working
5-Removing the ram and rebooting ,not working

Now i m working on finding a way to resetting or By passing or finding the password of the EFI
i read that blog ( www.cnet.com/news/efi-firmware-protection-locks-down-newer-macs/ )

to reset the firmware password on newer Macs, you must now follow these steps:
Boot with Option key held to display the boot menu's firmware password prompt.
Press Control-Option-Command-Shift-S to reveal a 33-digit hash (mixed letters and numbers) that contains an identifier for your specific motherboard and the Atmel chip used for your system. In this hash, the first 17 digits are an identifier for the system's motherboard, and the last 16 digits are a hash for the password.
Submit the hash to Apple, where someone will put it through a special utility to create a keyfile that is specific for your machine.
Place the file on a special USB boot drive and hold Option to load the boot menu and select this drive.
The system will read the file and properly reset the firmware password stored in the Atmel chip.

the hash number is C02137409VTDRMHAY9D38714A56E2FE89
SO identifier is C02137409VTDRMHAY
Hash 9D38714A56E2FE89

so apple wont help me , so how would they do ????
i find this other tread ( www.cnet.com/news/use-the-calculator-to-reveal-a-macs-firmware-password/ )
if you read the article you will see that they use Terminal to access the file but i m stock so how should i use terminal ??
so i try with my 16 code hash to do the method

Therefore, copy the security password output from the Terminal to a text editor and delete the percent symbols in it, followed by splitting the password string at every 16th character. After this, perform the following steps on each 16-character section:

Open the Calculator and set it to Programmer mode in the View menu or by pressing Command-3.
Copy one 16-character section of your password and paste it into the calculator. You should see its binary equivalent shown below the yellow-green display, and also see its ASCII-text representation at the bottom-left of the display (you may have to click the "ASCII" button to reveal this).
Starting with the first bit in the binary output (the one furthest from the blue zero at the right), reverse every other bit by clicking its corresponding 1 or 0. For example, if you see "1010 0101" then change it to "0000 1111."

Each ASCII character of the password will be a group of eight bits (a "byte"). Each of the two hex values that represents one of these characters is a group of four bits (a "nibble"), giving 16 possible combinations for a nibble. Hexadecimal numbering goes from 0 through 9 and then continues with A through F, giving 16 possible values to represent the combinations of a nibble.
In this case, half of the password has been converted by clicking every other bit in the binary code to convert it to the opposite value. To reveal the rest of the password (in this case being "Password") one would continue at the point of the arrow (the half-way point) and click every other bit to likewise switch it. When finished the password will be revealed in the ASCII text area of the calculator display.
Screenshot by Topher Kessler/CNET
As you do this reversal of every other bit, you will see the ASCII output in the calculator reveal your password, or at least the section of it that is represented by the 16-character segment being operated on. Write down the revealed text password and then repeat this process for additional segments of the password, after which you should have your firmware password.

in my case i find a password but i cant type it the caracter
so i m lost here , if anyone know any way , i just want to boot and start clean
i would really appreciate it
thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2503 by thomkat
Anyone has that problem before ?
anything would help

More
8 years 2 months ago #2504 by lxx33
Hi and welcome to this forum. I don't have had the same issue as you, but I think reading the eeprom with a raspberry pi and a clip will get the job done.
thaGH05T made a nice and clear tutorial here. I'm not at all experienced with code, electronics ect.ect. and I even got the job done. Thats how good it was explained, and also the people on the forum helped out many times.

I think that's also for you the way to go.
Purchase a raspberry pi and a clip and go from there.....

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2505 by CygnusX1
Do you have a programmer to work with? What is the model number of the Mac?

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2506 by thomkat
so i have a Mac Book pro 13 inch ,early 2011 , the one that got the new EFI
serial Number is C02GG00BDT65 2419

no i dont have a programmer or know any one

i was looking into doing what lxx33 told me with the clip
but i dont have the tools
i was looking to break it with the code , but i m confuse

More
8 years 2 months ago #2507 by CygnusX1
Is it the I5 or I7?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 2 months ago #2508 by thomkat
how could i find with is it ? but i think its i5

More
8 years 2 months ago #2543 by thaGH05T
OK, you are on the right track, but the problem is you are mixing methods presumably because there is no clear information on what models the method in practice actually works on. You have a 2011 model, and you have root access correct? So if you want to temporarily bypass the EFI password to complete an operation you can do so in a few different ways. If you are looking for a permanent fix then you need to flash the EFI chip using the methods so many here on this forum have used. If you need help with this, you need to ask specific questions, and we will be happy to push you in the right direction.

Who's Online

We have 175 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies