EFI password lock under MBP - EMC2554

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2557 by pamsb2
Hi there,
My MBP is locked at boot (grey folder flashing) and when I try to start it with Option key pressed (to enter the boot menu); It shows the locker with the field to enter the password. It seems to be locked from the cloud, doesn't it?

The model #A1278, EMC2554, date of manufacture mid-2012 and i already watched the EFI Rom chip, it is an 25Q064A;
I bought an RP2 model B and i installed flashrom but I had an issue, in fact one of the headers required was not available. So, i asked the people on #flashrom and one of them said that I had to install it with a directive:
make CONFIG_CH341A_SPI=no
. I made that according with the developper of this library: stefanct. I hope, it won't be a problem for the future process!
After that, I read Script for EFI Password Removal there were a few command lines to enter but I have a few questions about them:
  1. SCANONLY=1 ./scan-n-patch.pl <file_name>
    I have to choose the mode of the scan'n pacth script, wonder with which argument I have to replace <file_name>, and how will it be used in the future?
  2. sudo flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -r <file_name>
    About this command line, I wonder if the device is already created /dev/spidev0.0?
It makes me suspicious but I think it is normal as it's the first time I do that.

Thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2558 by CygnusX1
Be sure you are in the "flashrom" dir and to detect the chip run this command line to see which chip it detects:
sudo flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0

If it finds your chip then run this command line with the detected chip:
sudo flashrom -r ~/efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -c "MX25L6406E/MX25L6408E"

Replace the chip identified from the first command and place it after the -c

To write the cleaned bin file back use this command line:
sudo flashrom -w ~/efi/read1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -c "MX25L6406E/MX25L6408E"

This is a good starting point if you have your Raspberry PI configured correctly.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by CygnusX1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies