rMBP A1502 13.3" (Early 2015)

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2987 by Dark_Rye
Hello all,

I haven't tried to unlock a 2015 model yet and figured I should go for it. Since the new clip is still underfunded (fund it people!), how do you suggest I interface with the chip? Based on an earlier A1502 (from 2013), the supposed pin out is attached (see below).

Should I find a matching test clip (what size?) OR should I solder small wires to the positions indicated in this photo (to the test points or to the chip pins?)?

Thanks!

Libertatis Ingeniarius - Motivacion, Doctrina, soshite Jonetsu.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2991 by thaGH05T
I think the best way is to simply remove the chip unless you have a clip. It is tedious and intrusive, but in the long run necessary.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2996 by Dark_Rye
I found a clip and can probably hot wire it to make it work.

Installing matching serial numbers are worth it for people who water-damaged their original logic boards.

Libertatis Ingeniarius - Motivacion, Doctrina, soshite Jonetsu.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2998 by thaGH05T
Yea I think it is a good idea too, as long as you do not destroy the bard in the process.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #3124 by rileystudent
With all the 13in rMBP i have found it easiest to just remove the chip from the board and solder wires to it to program it. The Early 2015 has a slightly smaller EFI chip but the pinout is the exact same as all other EFI chips.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by rileystudent.

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies