Management engine presence failed

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 11 months ago #3296 by twistedl
Having an issue with a late 2013 13" MBP

It's a very odd one, I can't boot into OSX either via the recovery or a fresh install, it gets as far as the Apple logo/ loading bar then freezes.

I managed to install Ubuntu (on the HD) and it runs an absolute dream. This lead me to try ASD where I get Management Engine Presence test - Error not found

From a bit of digging I found some one else who said the reloaded the EFI through terminal. I have no idea how I can get to a terminal that would allow me to do that however. Maybe single or verbose user and run it form there?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3297 by CygnusX1

twistedl wrote: Having an issue with a late 2013 13" MBP

It's a very odd one, I can't boot into OSX either via the recovery or a fresh install, it gets as far as the Apple logo/ loading bar then freezes.

I managed to install Ubuntu (on the HD) and it runs an absolute dream. This lead me to try ASD where I get Management Engine Presence test - Error not found

From a bit of digging I found some one else who said the reloaded the EFI through terminal. I have no idea how I can get to a terminal that would allow me to do that however. Maybe single or verbose user and run it form there?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Have you cleared the PRAM and SMC? Which OS X are you running? Have you tried updating the ME region of the bin file? Is the EMC the original or did you download it?

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3312 by thaGH05T
I would like to know where you read that at???

Also I have a mac with a similar issue and whenever i get a chance I will look into it.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3397 by therealjayvi
I would recommend that you use an external drive with OS X installed to see if the Mac can boot via the external drive. If so, then you can just use the Terminal located on your external. Also if you have any Recovery Disk or an OS X Install media (cdrom, usb, etc.) then there is always an option to use the Terminal located at the top under Utilities. Other options include using Target Disk Mode on your afflicted Mac to see if you can boot it from another instance of OS X (either another Mac or Virtualbox). If you have a moment head over to the Blog section here at Ghostlyhaks and take a look at the article on setting a clean ME region, I believe there may be some useful info pertaining to your situation! ghostlyhaks.com/blog/apple-efi/25-clean-me-region

(I would also like to know where you read about the person being able to reset EFI through Terminal!)

More
7 years 10 months ago #3473 by twistedl
Have you cleared the PRAM and SMC? Which OS X are you running? Have you tried updating the ME region of the bin file? Is the EMC the original or did you download it?

Reset both PRAM and SMC, tried it on 10.10 and 10.11. It won't boot from an external USB with OSX on it. The OS will boot if I take the SSD out and put it in another mac.

I've attempted to reload the EFI from the verbose terminal screen but didn't have much luck.

I'll have a read of the blog post, definitely sounds like it could sort my problem.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3474 by twistedl
I'll run up boot camp from another Mac then put the SSD into the dead mac, I have a feeling it will boot then I can run the updater from the blog post for the ME

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies