how to clear pram in mac pro a1398

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 11 months ago #3430 by gsmmart4
Hello Admin
First of all i am very think full to u for your quick help now my efi is off and i can boot from USB because this computer did not have recover on it
Problem is that it is disable for 60 min when i boot from usb it run and didn't came on disk utility screen and it came again on "your computer is disabled .try again in 48 min
plz help me to solve problem or thread to read or video or any thing because i dont know much about mac i am window tec
also can some one tell me how to reset pram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3432 by therealjayvi
Can you be a little more specific as to the steps you are taking that lead up to you seeing "Your computer is Disabled"? The reason I ask is because the only time I have ever heard of a Mac becoming "disabled" is by typing in the incorrect EFI password too many times, similar to what you see with iPhone and iPad. Also to clear PRAM and NVRAM (I forget which of the following two resets which, so I just always do both to be sure): Hold Command+Option+Control+Shift with your left hand and press the Power button for 5 seconds; Hold Command+Option+R+P and then Power on the device, keeping all keys besides power firmly held while the device boots. The device will power on and then instantly reset if done correctly. Sometimes I've had to take a ram stick out, and other times I've had to use ram from a different computer entirely, so if for whatever reason you just can't seem to get it to reset then switch the ram and try again.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3453 by thaGH05T
I agree, I think clearing PRAM will resolve his issue. It sounds as if he removed the EFI password and is getting prompted with an iCloud lock at boot. The disabled information message is due to too many attempts.

Who's Online

We have 215 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies