MacBook Pro Retina late 2013 firmware password

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 9 months ago #4043 by genimac
I have my Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 locked on the enter firmware password screen. Its not an iCloud pin password, jut the firmware. Also it goes to that screen no mater what keys I press at startup.
After reading some threads here I`m not sure what options I have.

Software
get an SCBO file after giving my hash at the password screen, ctrl - alt - command - shift - s gives it.
Where can I get it? some says a chat with an Apple Tech Provider, but from my site Apple Support only gives me a trip to a near Apple Store, 4 hours car ride. Must I value the travel time and go to a paid site? are they reliably?
Are there any other ways?

Hardware.
To flash the chip don't seems ok for my expertise, also I think on my Macbook Pro is hard to get to the chip.
Then there are the Brute Force attacks, that may be more near to me, I also have a Raspberry but do they work on iCloud pin issues or will serve with only firmware password one? Whats the best tutorial on that? ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/480-2015-macbook-air-unlocking-w-o-efi-flash-success seems promising, i also have used rEFInd before to dual boot it.

I don´t know why it got stuck on the password screen no matter the keys. I think that if nothing changed on the startup screen it must startup as usual and get to users login, so something must have been changed there, Are there a way to just bypass it to get a nvram reset? or ensure the startup disk is the internal one? If I remove the SSD and try to boot without it will improve things?

Lots of noob questions, sorry. And thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4044 by Crotale
Hello
you can not change the hard drive .. you have the same problem always password bios ...the password is saved in bios not in Hard drive
then the solution is read content ship (EEPROM) AND UPLOAD THE FILE HERE everyone here help you
or you can buy one of these programming in this Forum
... TO BE CONTINUED :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #4055 by CygnusX1

genimac wrote: I have my Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 locked on the enter firmware password screen. Its not an iCloud pin password, jut the firmware. Also it goes to that screen no mater what keys I press at startup.
After reading some threads here I`m not sure what options I have.

Software
get an SCBO file after giving my hash at the password screen, ctrl - alt - command - shift - s gives it.
Where can I get it? some says a chat with an Apple Tech Provider, but from my site Apple Support only gives me a trip to a near Apple Store, 4 hours car ride. Must I value the travel time and go to a paid site? are they reliably?
Are there any other ways?

Hardware.
To flash the chip don't seems ok for my expertise, also I think on my Macbook Pro is hard to get to the chip.
Then there are the Brute Force attacks, that may be more near to me, I also have a Raspberry but do they work on iCloud pin issues or will serve with only firmware password one? Whats the best tutorial on that? ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/480-2015-macbook-air-unlocking-w-o-efi-flash-success seems promising, i also have used rEFInd before to dual boot it.

I don´t know why it got stuck on the password screen no matter the keys. I think that if nothing changed on the startup screen it must startup as usual and get to users login, so something must have been changed there, Are there a way to just bypass it to get a nvram reset? or ensure the startup disk is the internal one? If I remove the SSD and try to boot without it will improve things?

Lots of noob questions, sorry. And thanks in advance for any help.

Forget the SCBO way. Nothing but a scam. What is your model number and year? MBP chips are not hard to get to.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
The following user(s) said Thank You: genimac

More
7 years 9 months ago #4057 by genimac
Part No. Z0QB00073
Model No. A1502
MBP 13.3 / 2.6Ghz / 8Gb / 256Flash / ESP
Late 2013

As you see its the base model with the 2.6 CPU and 256 SSD updates. Bought first week December 2013.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4059 by CygnusX1
Here is the location of where to attach the MBA clip.

genimac wrote: Part No. Z0QB00073
Model No. A1502
MBP 13.3 / 2.6Ghz / 8Gb / 256Flash / ESP
Late 2013

As you see its the base model with the 2.6 CPU and 256 SSD updates. Bought first week December 2013.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: genimac

More
7 years 9 months ago #4060 by genimac
Thanks for the info but I think I can`t go on a near full take apart like that ( es.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+Logic+Board+Replacement/27702 )
Will wait for someone used to the brute force attack to clarify if that methods work on a firmware password, not iCloud PIN.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4066 by CygnusX1

genimac wrote: Thanks for the info but I think I can`t go on a near full take apart like that ( es.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+Logic+Board+Replacement/27702 )
Will wait for someone used to the brute force attack to clarify if that methods work on a firmware password, not iCloud PIN.

If you let the Mac boot, does it go to a 4 digit pin box or a 6 digit?

More
7 years 9 months ago #4070 by genimac
Just the normal firewire password. No 4 or 6 iCloud pin.

Must have changed the StartUp disk as other times it booted to internal disk jut locked other ways to start the computer. Really I can´t figure what I did to lock it completly.
I was just doing an eight month change all passwords routine. Never had any problem with it, on the firewire password I was changing it to "GqbQ?tc3", the utility didn´t complain on it and the enter it again was ok too. Then when I restarted it to verify it didn´t recognize the new or the old password.
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #4077 by CygnusX1

Who's Online

We have 110 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies