Macbook pro 2012 a1286 emc 2556 no eeprom found

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4384 by Jamal_Ahmed
I have a macbook pro 2012 emc 2556 model a1286 and i have it connected to a raspberry pi 2 the gpio pins are 10cm and i have pin 3 7 8 soldered together. For some reason when i try to read the chip it says no eeprom or flash device found. I have searched the forum but i have found no help. Do i have to remove the chip from the board it can it stay on. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jamal_Ahmed. Reason: Missed info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4387 by CygnusX1

Jamal_Ahmed wrote: I have a macbook pro 2012 emc 2556 model a1286 and i have it connected to a raspberry pi 2 the gpio pins are 10cm and i have pin 3 7 8 soldered together. For some reason when i try to read the chip it says no eeprom or flash device found. I have searched the forum but i have found no help. Do i have to remove the chip from the board it can it stay on. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Just be sure your wires are on the correct GPIO pins and try to get a read with the Magsafe connected.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 8 months ago #4389 by Jamal_Ahmed
Ok ill give that a try. Just to clarify is it the atmel chip on the front of the motherboard or the mx25l6406e chip on the back of yhe motherboard.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4390 by CygnusX1

Jamal_Ahmed wrote: Ok ill give that a try. Just to clarify is it the atmel chip on the front of the motherboard or the mx25l6406e chip on the back of yhe motherboard.

It is the mx25l6406e

More
7 years 7 months ago #4401 by reverendalc
have you successfully used your setup on another mac?

if you're not able to recognize anything, using a known good setup:
experiment with battery and magsafe conditions...
battery connected, magsafe undone
magsafe connected, battery undone
both battery and magsafe connected

if you've NOT successfully used this setup for flashing before, we can troubleshoot your setup and command as well

More
7 years 7 months ago #4413 by CygnusX1
What power supply are you using?

Who's Online

We have 424 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies