Easy clip adapter, anyone willing to sell one?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4470 by Chillywilly
Hi all, I have the MBP A1502 and was hoping someone has an easy clip they're not using. I have the 17x2 header I need to interface with. I'd PayPal you the money and even return the interface clip when I'm done! It's just unfortunate the alternative is from kadentech for a hundred dollars. Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Chillywilly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4507 by reverendalc
the existing interface clips are only applicable to 2014 and earlier models.

there will be a 2015 clip released VERY soon

please be advised, even if you buy a kadentech clip or make your own, it is unadvisable to use the PI on 2015 model macs
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4512 by Chillywilly
This is a mid 2014 model. But it seems the cheapest option was to send it to somebody with the clip.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4514 by reverendalc
oh my mistake! every time i hear somebody struggling with A1502, i assume it's a 2015 (-;

if you're in a time crunch, that's a viable solution. a new wave of clips is just around the corner.
i have an extra ez-flash, what is your postal code?

you could also pull the chip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chillywilly

More
7 years 7 months ago #4522 by Chillywilly
Ah, I just sent out the board yesterday to a member of this board. That's a bumber though, I really wanted to do the process myself and I have the rasberry pi setup to do so with flashrom etc. I really would have liked to take you up on that though, but thank you for the offer! As for removing the chip I don't trust myself enough with the potentially irreversible nature of the operation. I would say I think I could do it but rather would not test my skills on this expensive piece of kit. I've been laptopless for a good half year now.

Who's Online

We have 335 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies