MBP A1278 "Could not find installation info.."

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4544 by virus_elect
Hi Everyone
My MBP A1278 820-3115-B EMC 2554 had EFI password and unfortunately when I was going to program the bios, I didn't make a dump file of my bios and I did erase it and wrote with a file which I had, it died (after I did, I realized What I did :oops: )
I searched everywhere of this amazing website and I found couple of cleaned and no mod dump files as same as my motherboard's serial and mlb NO. which admins replied to users who requested a clean dump file, then I replaced my serial NO. and MLB NO. with those dump files and wrote them on my bios and Finally, it turned back to the life

What I did:
1) My bios type is MXIC-MX25L6406E-M2I-12G and I programed the bios with "CH341APro Programmer" but instead of showing my bios type, it recognized it as MX25L6405D because the programmer software doesn't have it on the list but the size of the chip is 8MByte/64MBit and is the same as my bios chip size.
2) After I programed the bios, first thing to do was resetting NVRAM

Now I have some other problems:
1) it doesn't show any drives or bootable USB when I turn it on by pushing alt/opt button
2) When I try to reinstall maverick OS X by online recovery I have this error "COULD NOT FIND INSTALLATION INFORMATION FOR THIS MACHINE"

To resolve problems::
1) I have changed the date in terminal after flashing the bios but still got this error
2) Replaced HDD and rams but still got the error
3) For troubleshooting it, I erased the HDD in disk utility and also have installed Windows 7 on it to make sure there is nothing wrong with the HDD and sata cable.

Other than those things, I don't know what to do, please help
Thanks in advance
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by virus_elect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4548 by therealjayvi
Here are a couple dumps that you can try to use. I'm not sure which of these are for your specific model but it will be one of these two.

I would recommend erasing the chip completely and then redo the steps you described using one of these dumps, although these very well may be the exact same files that you found already lol. If that does not work then try to make an OS X Installation USB and install to a HDD on a different Mac and then put it back into your Mac that's having issues. Also it could be your ME region is not functioning properly, here is a nice guide that shows how to fix that.

Make sure you're trying to reset both PRAM/SRAM/NVRAM by first using Command+Option+Ctrl+Shift+Power and then upon reboot holding Command+Option+R+P. Also how is it that you have been able to check the date via Terminal if you cannot boot externally, or are you just using Internet Recovery? I've never used Internet Recovery because honestly I really don't have that kind of time to be waiting on it lol, but I have made a bootable USB and it has never failed me. Let me know if any of this helps at all and if it does not then please power on the Mac into "Verbose Mode" by powering the device on while holding Command+V and take a picture of the contents of the screen and post it in your response so that I may better understand the situation. Good luck.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by therealjayvi. Reason: adding files
The following user(s) said Thank You: virus_elect

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4557 by virus_elect
First of all thanks for replying my post
I have made a bootable OS installation USB and I tried this way before but the problem is, it doesn't let me to boot via USB when I turn it on by pressing the opt/alt button. Actually it doesn't recognize anything such as HDD drives or USB except DVD other than that, just online recovery works.
I compared all the ME region dumps I have with the guide and I think all of those dump don't look good and I don't have any other dump file with clean ME region to make sure which of them is clean to replace with mine. I attached some photos, please have a look at it let me know if I'm wrong
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by virus_elect.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4601 by virus_elect
The problem is solved by creating Mac OS El Capitan bootable USB and clean install
Thanks for your help

Who's Online

We have 540 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies