removing device enrollment from OS X devices

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 7 months ago #10320 by
I encountered DEP on the first MacBook Pro I did iCloud on. Editing serial number will disassociate the machine from the DEP. Obviously normal iCloud removal is done at the same time and reset nvram etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10467 by jan

KingBonecrusher wrote: Solution was found 7 months ago, 1 post above your`s. Simply change uuid, sn and full clean nvram to get rid of personal infos and fmm stuff. Shred the ssd (if possible do secure erase) and reinstall osx. Do not shred with the osx setup, use linux.

*you need a working sn, not something randomly generated!

Kong? How to change?

More
5 years 6 months ago #10468 by jan

fast.flow wrote: I encountered DEP on the first MacBook Pro I did iCloud on. Editing serial number will disassociate the machine from the DEP. Obviously normal iCloud removal is done at the same time and reset nvram etc

Are you sure? Sn is enought? Some people say its not enough. Maybe on old models.

More
5 years 6 months ago #10491 by KingBonecrusher

jan wrote: thanks. an how to change uuid?

1) get asd to find mlb serial
2) read eeprom
3) find mlb serial and serial in the dump
4) change serial and mlb to a working value
5) fix checksum(s)

*uuid seems to be based on the mlb
The following user(s) said Thank You: therealjayvi, jan

More
5 years 5 months ago #10565 by therealjayvi
thanks for this :) I've just been "hiding" it from appearing but this worked perfectly, nicely done

More
5 years 5 months ago #10688 by jan
Thanks! but how to get ASD for 2017/2016 Macbook? it dont exist anymore or is no longer supported

More
5 years 4 months ago #10782 by jan

KingBonecrusher wrote:

jan wrote: thanks. an how to change uuid?

1) get asd to find mlb serial
2) read eeprom
3) find mlb serial and serial in the dump
4) change serial and mlb to a working value
5) fix checksum(s)

*uuid seems to be based on the mlb

King? Can you please give me a little more detail? how to find uuid / and serial on the macbook without asd? because asd does not support A1707.
Second: how to find uuid in dump and change it? i need a working value for mlb serial.

Thanks.

More
4 years 6 months ago #11549 by mild7
^^^ Did you ever get an answer to this?  A quick elaboration on each of the above steps would be helpful to less linux-proficient people such as myself.  Don't need it broken down to a flashrom tutorial by any means, but what apps to use, etc?

More
4 years 3 months ago #11704 by dogethedog
its not stored anywhere on the machine. it is tied to the serial number much like activation lock on iPhone. You can do a check on sickw.com and it will show you if MDM is ON or OFF for that machine. solution would be change serial and uuid like everyone else says. For pre T2 machine it is possible by EEPROM programmer and hexdump but does anyone have solution for T2 machine such as macmini 2018? Thanks!

Who's Online

We have 414 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies