2013 A1466 EMC 2599 can't get a good dump

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago #4983 by darknezz19
Bought the competitor's clip and have done 3 other EFI unlocks with it but this one wont get a good read.

The only way I can get it to even recognize the flash is to plug in the magsafe, to which the macbook powers on automatically for some reason, shut it off, then run the flashrom read command. The thing is if I run the command again without even touching the clip the hash will be different on the second dump. Have tried with the battery connected as well, same thing.

Tried on a pi2 and a pi3 using two different 3amp power supplies. My wires are 10cm in length.

Maybe something happened to the clip, but maybe it's something else? Anyone seen the macbook power up by itself when connecting the magsafe like this is? Any help is a appreciate, thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #4986 by CygnusX1

darknezz19 wrote: Bought the competitor's clip and have done 3 other EFI unlocks with it but this one wont get a good read.

The only way I can get it to even recognize the flash is to plug in the magsafe, to which the macbook powers on automatically for some reason, shut it off, then run the flashrom read command. The thing is if I run the command again without even touching the clip the hash will be different on the second dump. Have tried with the battery connected as well, same thing.

Tried on a pi2 and a pi3 using two different 3amp power supplies. My wires are 10cm in length.

Maybe something happened to the clip, but maybe it's something else? Anyone seen the macbook power up by itself when connecting the magsafe like this is? Any help is a appreciate, thank you for your time.

What command line are you using?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 5 months ago #4995 by reverendalc
please put a voltmeter on your 3v3 and GND outputs from the rbp. also, please share your flashrom command with us.

i have encountered this issue before, and lowering the SPISPEED is often helpful, as well as verifying your power.

can you please confirm your EFI chip?

also, you have the competitor clip specified for 2011-2014 mba?

More
7 years 5 months ago #5056 by darknezz19
Measured 3.3v on the pi. Tried the speed option but reads where getting stuck and not finishing, even if specifying the default 8M speed.

Weird.

Tried it again with the -f option to force a read even if chip is not detected and somehow it did 3x consistent md5 dumps and even detected the chip as if the -f was not needed. Dunno why this one was so difficult but glad it's now done. Thanks for the support guys :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #5059 by reverendalc

Who's Online

We have 289 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies