A1278 problem

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5172 by Marcos_Aguiar
A1278 problem was created by Marcos_Aguiar
Im have one macbook pro a1278 early 2011
Need restart pram for unlock
comand: shift command fusion ok
comand: command fusion r p is bad

Remove battery remove keyboard
Uae other keyboard change vram and not have affect...

Pram is bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5177 by TNJed
Replied by TNJed on topic A1278 problem
Not sure what fusion means but to reset PRAM you press the Command-Option-p-r keys all together immediately after hitting power button. Hold until screen goes dark (when restart occurs). Upon restart if everything is functioning properly you should hear the startup chime. If instead a padlock icon appears with a data entry field, it's still locked. If it doesn't restart and any icon appears on the screen it didn't work and you have to try again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marcos_Aguiar

More
7 years 5 months ago #5225 by Marcos_Aguiar
Replied by Marcos_Aguiar on topic A1278 problem
How to identify the A1278 model is I5 or i7 ?

More
7 years 5 months ago #5230 by TNJed

TNJed wrote: Not sure what fusion means but to reset PRAM you press the Command-Option-p-r keys all together immediately after hitting power button. Hold until screen goes dark (when restart occurs). Upon restart if everything is functioning properly you should hear the startup chime. If instead a padlock icon appears with a data entry field, it's still locked. If it doesn't restart and any icon appears on the screen it didn't work and you have to try again.

Want to make a correction to my statement above. If the flash failed and you try to reset PRAM, it will just ignore it. If you hold down the Option key at restart (to select which volume you want to boot from) and you get the padlock with a data entry field, then the EFI password is definitely still available.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5231 by TNJed

Marcos_Aguiar wrote: How to identify the A1278 model is I5 or i7 ?

Find the serial number in TINY characters on the bottom of the MacBook Pro and enter them here: www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Should tell you what you have assuming the bottom cover hasn't been changed or logic board swapped.

Who's Online

We have 265 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies