Easy Flash 4.0.2: Read is not working on this chip

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 5 months ago #8748 by sdpctek
Hello all. 1st, just wanted to thank everyone here for all the useful (and free) info.

So basically I'm just trying to read the EFI chip with the Easy Flash Adapter (ver. 4.0.2) on a MBP A1425 EMC 2557 with a Raspberry Pi 3 and Flashrom. Usually I was getting the 'no chip found' error in Flashrom until tried it with the magsafe connected then I got a long error message that starts with

"This flash part has status NOT WORKING for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE..."

and ends with

"Read is not working on this chip. Aborting"

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Currently the laptop just boots to the black screen with the white padlock. Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #8753 by CygnusX1
I have never seen that error

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
6 years 5 months ago #8788 by
Not seen that error. Had a 2015 this week that wouldn't detect chip with battery on, off, MagSafe on off or any combination of the two. Then saw a post about letting machine part boot, then holding power button to shut down but keep it held. This left the chip detecable and read, erase and write ready. Was able to power off and put back to same state after each step of the process rather that try and keep the power button held for the whole process lol

Who's Online

We have 207 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies